Meaditek vs NEC

vbimport

On iHAS 324A & iHAS324Y which use Mediatek & NEC chipset, which ones is the best one ?

As I known whne we scan disc NEC used 1.00 ECC and Mediatek used 1.05 ECC. Does this mean NEC scan more accurate then 1.05 ECC of Mediatek ?

Thank

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2504175]On iHAS 324A & iHAS324Y which use Mediatek & NEC chipset, which ones is the best one ?[/QUOTE]I have no idea.

As I known whne we scan disc NEC used 1.00 ECC and Mediatek used 1.05 ECC. Does this mean NEC scan more accurate then 1.05 ECC of Mediatek ?
It means that the drive with an 1.00 ECC scanning interval skips very few samples (less than 1%) while the drive with an 1.05 ECC scanning interval skips more samples (approx. 5%). “Accuracy” has very little to do with how many samples are skipped, however.

Since PIE/PIF/Jitter is a function of the drive reading a disc, they are subjective measurements and are not expressions of any absolute properties of the disc, and “accuracy” is not really possible.

I consider the MediaTek chipset to be more useful for scanning DVD media, but the NEC chipset is better for scanning CD media.