.mds Question

vbimport

Do I NEED the .mds file? I’ve been making .ISO’s of some of my DVD’s I know the .mds contains layer break info but can I create the layer break info again when I burn the .iso back to a disc?

Also can ImgeBurn burn .nrg files and what does Discovery do?

Thanks,

[QUOTE=Yuckmouth;2025413]Do I NEED the .mds file? I’ve been making .ISO’s of some of my DVD’s I know the .mds contains layer break info but can I create the layer break info again when I burn the .iso back to a disc?

[B]Also can ImgeBurn burn .nrg files and what does Discovery do?[/B]

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Uhm, there is RTFM.
Why would you not SAVE the little MDS file??

The MDS saves the guess work involved in finding the intended LB position. It’s also useful for discs where you can’t get the LB by any other means (i.e. on all non DVD Video discs).

Single session / track NRG’s, yes.

Discovery mode burns all 0’s to any given number of sectors on the media. It’s purely for testing out your drive/media/firmware combo.

I don’t know how it works for others but when I choose write after a build by IMGBurn the .mds is the only type file that is in the supported files.(a lot of the time).I select it only & have always gotten a sucessful burn.

Then your hard disk is perhaps FAT32 formatted? As you can’t create files larger than 4GB, the ISO is splitted into several files like .i01, .i02…

The .mds file is the ‘main’ file that holds the information of the included .ixx files. But you should see those .ixx files also and not just the .mds file.