.MDS Issues

vbimport

Hi everyone, very nice forum you guys have up!

Anyway im having problems with 2 MDS files. Im trying to extract and run the files before burning them on CD. The download was 1.4 GB but after the download, both files came out to 1kb :confused:
Anyhow, anyone know exactly what an MDS file is. I read that you have to mount it to a new image or something that Alcohol creates for you.
So what I did was install WINISO and tried running the 2 MDS files I have and it gives me an error cannot open file:it appears to be an invalid format image.

Then I installed Alcohol 120% and it made a new image on my harddrive (g). I cant access it or anything. I right clicked the 2 MDS files and chose mount image to the g b/c its the only one available and it gives an error saying “file not accessable”

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanx all :slight_smile:

Well, first off, I hope that those images are legal and not warez:cop:, but I assume they are legal.

You will need a MDF file with that. It should come from the same place you got those image reading information files.

Either that or the images are corrupt.

Of course they’re legal, I had an old game from 95 that never worked properly so I wanted to reburn it so I gave it to my friend and he gave me back the 2 files and said to burn them to cd but I want to play it first to see if it’s working properly. He’s gave me no MDF files. Im guessing without the MDF files they don’t work… Is there any other ways to decrypt them or anything :confused:

Thanx :slight_smile:

How many cds were the game? Those 2 MDS files are just the information to burn the cds, read the cds etc. The actual image is the MDF file, so you WILL need that somehow. But the fact that that download was 1.4gbs makes me think that the images were on there along with the MDS. Extract all the contents to a folder and mount the MDS onto a virtual drive. See if it is there.

Originally posted by ddzc
The download was 1.4 GB

Excert From Post One.

I gave it to my friend and he gave me back the 2 files

Excert From Post Two.

Now I am no Sherlock Holmes but there seems to be some holes in your story.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]Excert From Post One.

Excert From Post Two.

Now I am no Sherlock Holmes but there seems to be some holes in your story. [/B]

Didn’t notice that… :eek:

These ‘I downloaded xxxx’ stories are getting more and more elaborate all the time :slight_smile:

Let’s see if I can make an iffy story:

I downloaded a game yesterday from Kazaa but the game was from a friend in Greenland. It came in 2 .isos but I don’t know what an ISO is and I can’t use it. So I tried to find the game again on Overnet and then downloaded it as a 1.7gb exe file. But I scanned it for viruses and it had a virus on it!!! Is there any way to download a bit of the file or repair the file so I can play the game???

Thanx…:bigsmile:

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
[B]Let’s see if I can make an iffy story:

I downloaded a game yesterday from Kazaa but the game was from a friend in Greenland. It came in 2 .isos but I don’t know what an ISO is and I can’t use it. So I tried to find the game again on Overnet and then downloaded it as a 1.7gb exe file. But I scanned it for viruses and it had a virus on it!!! Is there any way to download a bit of the file or repair the file so I can play the game???

Thanx…:bigsmile: [/B]

LOL that sounds about right for most of the peeps asking here :slight_smile:

Oh do you know where to find a c***k for the game???:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Womble
[B]Excert From Post One.
The download was 1.4 GB

Excert From Post Two.
I gave it to my friend and he gave me back the 2 files

Now I am no Sherlock Holmes but there seems to be some holes in your story. [/B]
he could have sent the original cd to his friend there is a thing called a postal service you know. Then he could have downloaded it from his friend after he made the images

I guess it doesn’t really matter. We’re not police. As long as he doesn’t mention it as being warez it’s still legal.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
I guess it doesn’t really matter. We’re not police. As long as he doesn’t mention it as being warez it’s still legal.
Exactly. But theres a specific mod that i think, he thinks he is! every post someone says they downloaded something he basically calls them a software pirate and tells them warez arent allowed without even asking them a question and thats not right.

Originally posted by slayerking
he could have sent the original cd to his friend there is a thing called a postal service you know. Then he could have downloaded it from his friend after he made the images

You are quite right he could have. But why didn’t he post the images back to his friend then along with the original CD’s instead of downloading them from the web?

Originally posted by slayerking
Exactly. But theres a specific mod that i think, he thinks he is! every post someone says they downloaded something he basically calls them a software pirate and tells them warez arent allowed without even asking them a question and thats not right.]

I have never heard of a legal download that uses Alcohol files. Even if it did then I feel there would be instructions on how to burn them to the CD. I would be more than happy to say sorry though if I have got the wrong end of the stick or misunderstood the story. I am simply trying to uphold the forum rules.