McDonald's Wi-Fi will soon be free

vbimport

I just posted the article McDonald’s Wi-Fi will soon be free.

The incessant beeping of French fry timers could soon become your soundtrack for surfing the Web, when McDonald’s starts offering free Wi-Fi at all its U.S. restaurants.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/mcdonalds-wi-fi-will-soon-be-free-23734/](http://www.myce.com/news/mcdonalds-wi-fi-will-soon-be-free-23734/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

[QUOTE=JaredNewman;2476050]I just posted the article McDonald’s Wi-Fi will soon be free.

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/mcdonalds-wi-fi-will-soon-be-free-23734/

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

Most macca’s in Oz already have free wifi.
You have to sign in through their proxy, which means if you have old browser windows open, you can’t just resume where you were. Reloading will just get you nowhere.

I haven’t checked whether standard POP3/SMTP (mail)works via macca’s wifi though :stuck_out_tongue:

StarBucks soon too, I heard on the tele news.

Will the be wifrys to go with that sir??

McDonalds fries and the internet what more could you ask for

Its already free in the UK

WiFi at McDonalds has been free for Qwest customers for several months.

All you need is your phone number and the three digit code which is on your bill.

I’ll wait for the whopper!

Bob Provencal

thursday…december 17, 2009 @ 12:47PM EST

…yeap…its about time…i would like…the mcdonald special…$1.00 big mac…with my free wifi…please !!!

as noted in life…the working poor AREN’T INVISIBLE, THEY’RE JUST IGNORED.
…CONTINUE TO WORK HARD:…BUT WORK SMARTER AND FOR THE GREATER COLLABORATION.

its rough being poor, white and ignorant…but that’s life…>>>go forward.

…weiterarbeiten…ja, das es ist !!!

sehr dankbar,

marsmet47

…shalom/tschüss…

While I doubt that I will use this frequently (if ever), I’m glad to see free WiFi popping up in more and more places. It’s nice to know that a free internet connection is available everywhere you see a Mickey D’s. But seriously, who would want to work from a dirty, smelly, fast food store?

already free in Australia. very useful if you are travelling

[QUOTE=debro;2476053]Most macca’s in Oz already have free wifi.
You have to sign in through their proxy, which means if you have old browser windows open, you can’t just resume where you were. Reloading will just get you nowhere.

I haven’t checked whether standard POP3/SMTP (mail)works via macca’s wifi though :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because of it’s proxy it was impossible for me to connect via my phone. Which makes it useless to me as I don’t carry my laptop with me 24/7. I fail to see any given situation where I would be carrying my laptop and drop into maccas.

I work in a WalMart. You would be surprised (or not) at the number of people who don’t know or understand the workings of the Internet. They buy LapTops with WLAN already built in and then want to buy a USB Network adapter so that they can get connected to the Internet. They do not have a home connection via cable to an ISP. But they think that the adapter will get them connected. IF you are reading this and have the same idea … NO … you can not connect UNLESS you are signed up with an ISP. Regular phone Modems are to slow for anything useful. Cable, DSL or Satellite should be your one of your choices. OR as I tell many of my customers … and have been for quite some time … go to McDonalds or Starbucks and use their WIFI (which I thought was free). And as a parting comment, you don’t have to smell the food … except for your own … if you eat, or surf in your car.

NO … you can not connect UNLESS you are signed up with an ISP

No really true if your have someone close that has a wireless network and it is still open you can connect through it if you have a Neighbor who will give you the key for there wireless you can connect. My Neighbors accross the street use mine. But you are right so many know nothing about how to connect.

[QUOTE=debro;2476053]Most macca’s in Oz already have free wifi.

I haven’t checked whether standard POP3/SMTP (mail)works via macca’s wifi though :p[/QUOTE]
Hey what is the proxy, just i know what it is and the address but i want to be able to continue my downloads using my standalone download manager, but the proxy wont let anything through unless it goes through it…

[QUOTE=foxsan48;2521689]i want to be able to continue my downloads using my standalone download manager, but the proxy wont let anything through unless it goes through it…[/QUOTE]
I could swear that I just said that :iagree:

[QUOTE=samlar;2476280]McDonalds fries and the internet what more could you ask for[/QUOTE]
Food?