MCC03RG20, three manufacturers, which one works best at 20x?

Just did an small test with 3 different MCC03RG20 discs.

All 3 written at 20x with Pioneer DVR-115D fw 1.13

First is an Prodisc manufactured disc, second is an MBI made and last is an CMC made.

As you can see the MBI made disc is easily better than the others at 20x.

The MBI and CMC discs seem to have similar performance based on your scans. Remember that results will vary from disc-to-disc and from batch-to-batch.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;1975497]The MBI and CMC discs seem to have similar performance based on your scans. Remember that results will vary from disc-to-disc and from batch-to-batch.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD[/QUOTE]Personally the MBI disk’s PIE and jitter look quite a bit better, not enough difference in PIF to be significant.

Wow, would be interesting to see how well those MBI burn @ 8x seeing how low the jitter starts off.

Btw, I’ve personally never had a batch of 03RG20 that worked well @ 16x or above and I’ve tried both CMC and Prodisc. Never seen MBI around here.

Good to see a thread about MBI being better for once. Usually there’s just negative reports. Most people don’t say anything about good results :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never had MCC03RG20 Made in India, nor have I seem them in shops around here yet. Mine have been Made in Taiwan by CMC.

I’d be careful to conclude anything about relative quality between CMC, Prodisc and MBI from just one batch of each type.

I’ve had several batches from all manufacturers, and they all have good and bad batches. The first series of MBI made Verbatim discs were generally below average, but lately the MBI manufactured discs has performed better for me than CMC and Prodisc made discs. Go figure :wink:

I’ll see if I can do same comparison with +R MCC004 as well, but it’s hard getting prodisc and CMC made MCC004 from new batches here, they are all MBI or TY!

Agreed, from that small test I would go for the MIB every time, and yes some 8x burns and slow and fast Qscans would help with the picture a lot more, as I just dont see the point of burning faster than 8~12x and even less in over speeding media.

I’ve had MBI made Verbies (MCC004 though) which burn beautifully at 18x on a Sammy SH-S182D, haven’t tried them at 20x.

Slightly better than my CMC-made ones.

OC-Freak, I have MCC004 manufactured by all three, so maybe I’ll see what I can do with them, too. :wink:

Hi OC-Freak.

Are these MAP6 or MAPA on the inner clear hub?

thanks

[QUOTE=OC-Freak;1975435]Just did an small test with 3 different MCC03RG20 discs.

All 3 written at 20x with Pioneer DVR-115D fw 1.13

First is an Prodisc manufactured disc, second is an MBI made and last is an CMC made.

As you can see the MBI made disc is easily better than the others at 20x.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;1976958]Hi OC-Freak.

Are these MAP6 or MAPA on the inner clear hub?

thanks[/QUOTE]

The CMCs are MAP6 coming in the new package style from Verbatim.

I only had one MBI-made MCC 03RG20 ever (it was a jewel cased one :eek: ) but it went quite well and my LiteOn burned it extremely well with rather low PIE (max 12) and jitter… It absolutely hated the Prodisc made ones though, so maybe there is a trend here?

(Can’t find the scan though.)