MCC004, three manufacturers, which one works best at 20x?

Managed to dig up all 3 manufacturers of MCC004 as well.

As we can see there is hardly any difference, but the MBI disc showed no error rise near the end at all, and Pioneer DVR-115D slowed writing a bit neqar end on the prodisc made disc. Overall I’d say MBI has the slight edge against the other two.

First shot is CMC made
Second is MBI made
Last is Prodisc made

You really have a good batch of MBI MCC 004 here, congrats :clap:

I would second you here in this case; however, Prodisc and CMC have given me a slightly more consistant quality in my experience.

why dont u scan them @ 8x ? :iagree:

There is usually not much difference with LiteOn scans with 4x and 8x speeds. However, the recent LiteOn tend to have huge spikes in the scans then that will not occur again at rescan.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1977088]You really have a good batch of MBI MCC 004 here, congrats :clap:

I would second you here in this case; however, Prodisc and CMC have given me a slightly more consistant quality in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Later batches (last 6 months) of MBI both + and - has been excellent for me, but maybe I am just lucky…

^^^ can u post a 8x Scan of the MBI ? :iagree:

[QUOTE=achemen;1977131]^^^ can u post a 8x Scan of the MBI ? :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Why would I do that when 4x is considered the standard with Lite-On drives?

There is no “standard”.
I would also be interested in high-speed scans; I have had discs with rather unproblematic 4x and 8x scans but creepy TRTs and 16x scans.

The “standard” I’m using is what’s used in cdfreaks reviews for years now. :wink:

And everybody should know that scanning at higher speed would be likely to give a lot worse results, especially in form of rising errors near the end.

Anyway, here is an out of standard 8x Scan from the MBI disc, but I will not be posting any more of those.

Looks 99% identical to me :wink:

[QUOTE=OC-Freak;1977214]And everybody should know that scanning at higher speed would be likely to give a lot worse results, especially in form of rising errors near the end.[/QUOTE]High speed scanning can reveal problematic areas that are not detected/displayed in low speed scans.

Let’s not have more discussion about the benefits and problems of high-speed scanning in this thread, please.

We have at least two other threads for that:

Why high-speed scanning is good / Why high-speed scanning is bad

The importance of jitter levels and high speed scanning

[QUOTE=OC-Freak;1977219]Anyway, here is an out of standard 8x Scan from the MBI disc, but I will not be posting any more of those.

Looks 99% identical to me ;)[/QUOTE]

thnx mate :clap::clap:

are these Verbatim MII by Verbatim in Jewel case Boxes ? :wink:

Those I have is 25 CakeBoxes.