MCC code help

I have 3 Codes from a DVD Spindle:

PAP6 M91KG31032862
PAP6 M91KG18190036
PAP6 M91KG18190043

these Codes are from the same spindle,are these Original MCC ?

also Media from the same spindle have different codes ?

Those are serial numbers used for Mitsubishi Chemicals DVD+R media manufactured for Verbatim by CMC (probably MCC 004 although I’d have to ceck to be sure). The discs are genuine.

These Codes could be either Verbatim MCC004 made by CMC or CMC MAG M01 , depending on media brand you got (Is it Verbatim media or what ? )

what is the disc count per spindle : 10/25/50/100 discs ?

[quote=achemen;1943574]PAP6 M91KG31032862
PAP6 M91KG18190036
PAP6 M91KG18190043[/quote] According to this serial interpretation guide, those are 16x DVD+R using Azo dye manufactured by CMC in July 2006.

these are Branded as Tech-Com,attached a pic below

its DVD+R @ 16x,50 pack ,says made in china :doh::doh:,also URL below in the Picture says Tech-Com India :confused:,so is this fake ?

Few Questions:

1. can discs from the same Spindle have different media codes ?
  2. @ wat speeds these should be Burnt ? say on a Benq 1650 or pioneer 112D ?
  3. i am Scanning with a Benq 1650 BCIC,the scan tends to go crap @ the end of the Disc :confused: this does not look like media problem as the 85% of the burn i good,wats going wrong ?
    i am using Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.3 is got to do something with that ?

[quote=achemen;1943638]these are Branded as Tech-Com,attached a pic below

its DVD+R @ 16x,50 pack ,says made in china :doh::doh:,also URL below in the Picture says Tech-Com India :confused:,so is this fake ?[/QUOTE]Those are different discs than the one you asked about in the first post, right?

Few Questions:

1. can discs from the same Spindle have different media codes ?
  3. i am Scanning with a Benq 1650 BCIC,the scan tends to go crap @ the end of the Disc :confused: this does not look like media problem as the 85% of the burn i good,wats going wrong ?
    i am using Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.3 is got to do something with that ?
  1. For most media no, but there are examples of cheap or “value” media being a mix of media codes.
  2. No idea. Try 8x.
  3. Media problems at the end of the disc is very common, but it can also be the result of burning at a CAV speed that is too fast (e.g. 16x burning).

[QUOTE=achemen;1943638]1. can discs from the same Spindle have different media codes ?
3. i am Scanning with a Benq 1650 BCIC,the scan tends to go crap @ the end of the Disc :confused: this does not look like media problem as the 85% of the burn i good,wats going wrong ?[/QUOTE]

1. yes, even with Verbatim-branded discs I have experienced this.
  2. Try 8x, it is usually safe write speed
  3. Scan issues at edge, not surprising, QC of a lot of media is poor if you try to use full capacity.

Post some scans if you want further details.

no mate same Discs :frowning:

Hmm… what are the media codes of the discs in that spindle?

Mcc004 :wink:

[quote=achemen;1943739]Mcc004 ;)[/quote] I thought you said there were multiple media codes in that spindle or did I misunderstand you?

They look like overprints to me.

Thay probably are genuine, but there was an error on the printing of the top surface, or they didn’t meet quality control, so were sold off and overprinted with another brand label.

Try looking at the underside of the discs in a strong light and see if you can see a code in the mirror band of this type: ZD8146-DVR-T47D

(It can be very hard to see if you don’t put the light exactly right)

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1943748]Try looking at the underside of the discs in a strong light and see if you can see a code in the mirror band of this type: ZD8146-DVR-T47D

(It can be very hard to see if you don’t put the light exactly right)[/QUOTE]

yes i can see this :iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;1943744]They look like overprints to me.

Thay probably are genuine, but there was an error on the printing of the top surface, or they didn’t meet quality control, so were sold off and overprinted with another brand label.[/QUOTE]

Having quickly read through this thread, I would be inclined to agree with that. :iagree:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1943740]I thought you said there were multiple media codes in that spindle or did I misunderstand you?[/QUOTE]

i meant these codes mate

PAP6 M91KG31032862
PAP6 M91KG18190036
PAP6 M91KG18190043

[quote=achemen;1943790]yes i can see this :iagree::iagree:[/quote] Then you definitely have genuine MCC 004 media manufactured by CMC. It’s just strange that they’re marked as Made in China. I didn’t think CMC made any DVD media in China (only CD-R media), but perhaps this is where the overprinting was done?

[quote=achemen;1943835]i meant these codes mate

PAP6 M91KG31032862
PAP6 M91KG18190036
PAP6 M91KG18190043[/quote] Those are serial numbers so they are expected to be different.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1943867]Then you definitely have genuine MCC 004 media manufactured by CMC. It’s just strange that they’re marked as Made in China. I didn’t think CMC made any DVD media in China (only CD-R media), but perhaps this is where the overprinting was done?

Those are serial numbers so they are expected to be different.[/QUOTE]

i guess so mate :iagree: also the Mfg Label is not Printed properly on each Disc :frowning: most of the time covering up the serial no ;),i guess i need to stock these up :smiley:

[quote=achemen;1943879]i guess i need to stock these up :D[/quote] That would depend on what kind of results you get with this media and the price you’re paying. MCC 004 like any other media can be bad sometimes, so if these are rejects that have been overprinted, I wouldn’t blindly buy a lot of them.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1943896]That would depend on what kind of results you get with this media and the price you’re paying. MCC 004 like any other media can be bad sometimes, so if these are rejects that have been overprinted, I wouldn’t blindly buy a lot of them.[/QUOTE]

thnx for the Tip mate :clap: