MCC 8x -R - 100 discs for $25 and 200 Discs for $40 - Shipped!

Yo-

Ran across this deal in the Blank Media Forum and brought it over here to share-

The Tech Geeks has MCC 02RG20 - 8x -R discs on sale here:

http://www.thetechgeek.com/content/product.php?pid=5228

It says One Day Only - so I advise to get 'em right away before this deal disappears for this Verbatim coded media at a extremely good price-

Mike

Great price…thanks bigmike7

i emailed them about these when they were having the 200 for $30 sale. they said they were mcc 004 or somethign and made in taiwan, but they weren’t certain, they said they would check with the tech department and let me know on monday… today is weds and no reply… and someone in the other thread said mcc could also be prodiscs???

If anyone gets these I would appreciate feedback on the media ID and maybe a scan. I saw something like this at a different site and someone else posted saying to avoid them as they were Prodiscs or something. Without the Verbatim label Iam dubious.

@Mike or studmonkey

What’s te quality on these?

I have been looking through google a little about these disc and there are many different branded dvd but plenty of mixed reviews. I think I will pass on this deal although it is a great price. Just seems like these are hit or miss type disc.

Like chas0039 said if someone gets these please post scans and etc.

Yo

All I can say is that the Tech Geek site says that they are MCC 02RG20 which is the code of Verbatim 8x -R’s and is produced either by CMC or Prodisc with MCC tooling, dyes, equipment and quality standards - just like Verbatims-

The site says that they are genuine MCC and that they offer 100% money back and no restocking charges - so what is to lose-

If these are anything like the Verbatim “Generic” 8x +R MCC 003’s I got off of Newegg for $29 per 100 shipped - then it certainly is a kicka$$ deal-IMO

Mike

WOW

[B]Re: MCC DVD-r 8x 100 for $20 shipped
Yo-

Agree on sticking with media that is Made In Japan - it is always the safe and wise choice-eh!

Mike[/B]

it seems someone who bought these, says they are made by infosmart, and supposedly fake mcc
source:
http://www.thetechgeek.com/content/review.php?pid=5228&cid=52

Yo-

I think that is still sage advice IMO-

I just present the finds - the member decides as to whether or not to purchase them depending on their needs, knowledge, experience and financial resources - IMO-

Mike

I bought a spindle of prodisc in the past, and it has MCC MID. The quality is pretty bad. So the only MCC MID brand that I will buy from now on is Verbatim. And since we get good deal on DVD-R/+R weekly, especially MIJ Maxell, Sony, Fujifilm or MIT Verbatim. But that price is great, worth for a try, if not good, use it on burning stuffs for classmates. And it is a super good deal for those who are riding on Memorex brand.

Yo sos-

You said - in another thread - that you had bought these about a week ago from The Tech Geeks-

Have you gotten them yet?

If so - have you tested them - and if so - please share the results OK-

TIA-

Mike

These are fakes, see my thread over in the media forum.

Not a bargain if you’re paying for crap.

@Mike: These are definately fakes, stay away from them. No MCC media code, MJC-003.

Yo alan-

We are really not sure at the moment - so far only knowledge is from referrence (yes - I read the comment on the other thread in the Blank Media Forum) - that is why I have asked saten on a stick (one of our own) to share his experience with us since he had previously said that he had bought 100 of them off The Tech Geek about a week ago-

I have also PM’ed him the same request-

Mike

Please Mike: Let me know for sure when you find out because if they are real MCC-003 that is a real bargain.

Yo-

After reading all seven hard to read pages on FatWallet site-suggest-

DO NOT BUY THESE UNTIL WE PROVE WHAT MEDIA THEY REALLY ARE!!!

I think we have some more homework to do with these-

Mike

Yo-

After reading all seven hard to read pages on FatWallet site-suggest-

DO NOT BUY THESE UNTIL WE PROVE WHAT MEDIA THEY REALLY ARE!!!

I think we have some more homework to do with these-

Mike

@alan1476 - Even if they are real (and I am strongly suspecting that they are NOT) - as 8x -R media they would be MCC 02RG20’s not MCC 003’s

Yo-

Sorry for the double post-my bad

Mike

Thanks Mike, I only buy the +MCC003 but now I know there are fakes out there I will be very careful. Thanks for looking out.