MCC 03RG20 vs SONY16D1 - high quality media?

vbimport

In my country i can’t seem to find any TY or MCC media, so the only thing i can find are these SONY16D1 DVD-R discs. Will they last for a long time? I plan to store hundreds of these…

Thanks a lot!

I have three pieces of SONY16D1 Made in Japan in my collection and I consider them to be excellent quality media. SONY16D1 Made in Taiwan is only acceptable quality in my experience.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

I use Sony often with no coasters!

Yeah no complaints here, they’re ok. As terminalvelocd said, Japan-made is better than MIT, but very hard to come across these days…

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t search thoroughly, but the first two spindles i bought were MIT, the only way to tell if they’re from Japan or Taiwan is by looking at the cakebox?

There’s also made in india out there to make it a bit harder for you!

[QUOTE=kahnmeister;2059847]There’s also made in india out there to make it a bit harder for you![/QUOTE]
And even made in Malaysia :stuck_out_tongue: (by Daxon aka former Acer Media)

Are these SONY16D1 MIT better than Verbatim MBI (I’m so pissed that over here the retailers don’t sell MCC anymore :()

[QUOTE=Cafisho;2059949]Are these SONY16D1 MIT better than Verbatim MBI (I’m so pissed that over here the retailers don’t sell MCC anymore :()[/QUOTE]

Tough question I personally prefer the MBI verbatims, but then again I personally had never trouble with MBI verbatim dvd’s, I might be general unlucky with optical media, but I haven’t had that bad luck with MBI verbatims. :bigsmile:

Well, i’ll start searching for SONY16D1 MIJ cakeboxes… there should be some in a store.

Thanks again for all the replies! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Cafisho;2060594]Well, i’ll start searching for SONY16D1 MIJ cakeboxes… there should be some in a store.[/QUOTE]

Don’t waste your time. It doesn’t exist anymore.

The MIT SONY16D1 is still decent media.

[QUOTE=negritude;2061598]Don’t waste your time. [B]It doesn’t exist anymore.[/B]
The MIT SONY16D1 is still decent media.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think he lives in the USA :wink:

For those of you that know how to interpret scans, and can take my method of scanning with some trust, SONY16D1 at 12x: http://club.cdfreaks.com/2061721-post593.html

[quote=Albert;2061722]For those of you that know how to interpret scans, and can take my method of scanning with some trust…[/quote] That depends… do you use this method of scanning? :smiley:

[quote=DrageMester;2061730]That depends… do you use this method of scanning? :D[/quote]LOL, Drage. No MediaCat here…only MediaTek. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2061730]That depends… do you use this method of scanning? :D[/QUOTE]

No, that’s me, of course :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

SONY16D1 has been good for me, BTW. Mine are MIT.

That media cat is so cute :bigsmile:

I’ve been searching on several places and like negritude said, i can’t seem to find any Sony MIJ. I’m from Argentina and the only great quality media i came across was until half of last year… MCC was on all Verbatim DVD’s, now they’re gone… only MIB. I’m still in the dilemma of choosing SONY16D1 MIT over MBI Verbatim.

Just as a side note, anyone knows a TRUSTABLE TY02 reseller who accepts international orders? (that doesn’t cost too much, of course :p).

MBI Verbatims are good for me, too…not a single problem with them, and I’m on my second 100 pack :slight_smile:

Maybe try both the MBI Verbies and the MIT SONY16D1 and see which you (or your burner) likes best. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2061692]I don’t think he lives in the USA ;)[/QUOTE]

I know, but it doesn’t exist anywhere else either.

Here are a couple of examples of scans of Lead Data made MIT Sonys:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1987207-post29.html
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1987757-post32.html

The comments about my drive being bad are humor.

Note that all non-MIJ Sony brand media is made by Daxon, whether it’s MIT or MIM, but all the Sony media that you find under other brands, such as the “Great Quality” or GQ brand at Fry’s Electronics, are made by Lead Data in Taiwan.

Also, in contrast to other people’s experiences, I’ve always had better results with SONY16D1 (-R) than SONYD21 (+R).

These are the only two types of “decent” discs i found over here and i’m wondering which of them are better for longterm storage, The MCC are from India and the SONY from Taiwan. Anyone wants to contribute with their opinion?

Thanks! :slight_smile: