MCC 004 and PIE peak?

vbimport

Every single disc of Verbatim MCC 004 media (CMC-made in Taiwan) I have burned using different drives show a PIE peak between 0.5 and 1.0. Is this normal?

I guess yes but i’ve recognized this only with MCC04’s Made in India.

It looks like a somewhat normal dye density variation that doesn’t deserve to be called a defect. Some variation in the rate of dye flow during the coating process, or something like that.

I’ve seen it before with [I believe, Prodisc manufactured] MCC media. Somewhere in the middle of a 25-pack of 03RG20 [the -R counterpart to MCC 004] I started getting a PIE peak around the 200 MB mark; not as pronounced as in your case, but always present no matter which drive burns the media.

Here are the scans, without the peak [top part of the pack] and with the peak [bottom part of the pack].

The last batches of MBI MCC004 media I’ve bought have had this [I]feature[/I] while the batch I bought a few weeks before that didn’t. Seems that [B]all[/B] the MCC manufacturers suffer from this from time to time :doh: :eek:

At least it doesn’t seem to have any major negative impact in normal usage.

The last batches of MBI MCC004 media I’ve bought have had this feature while the batch I bought a few weeks before that didn’t. Seems that all the MCC manufacturers suffer from this from time to time

i have exactly the same experience

Ditto :slight_smile: