MBI made by FUJIFILM? Very Strange!

vbimport

hello guys!
well! I just bought SONY DRU810A DVD-Writer! And some MoserBaerPro DVD-R.
and I found very strange informations from DVD-Identifier

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:FUJIFILM03]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Fuji Film]
Manufacturer ID : [FUJIFILM03]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

The label on spindle showed Made In India. And MBI is an Indian company. (I am from india, too). Then how come it shows info that the mmanufacturer is FujiFilm?

Please help me out before I buy some more!

I got an Imation DVD-R MII and that turned up to be FUJIFILM03 aswell. However, there were visible dye streaks, so I used it for testing only. Moser Baer made the FUJIFILM discs that you have.

Then how come it shows info that the mmanufacturer is FujiFilm?

it’s only information about used dye, no info about who really makes these discs

I got an Imation DVD-R MII and that turned up to be FUJIFILM03 aswell. However, there were visible dye streaks, so I used it for testing only. Moser Baer made the FUJIFILM discs that you have

i have only bad experience with FUJIFILM03 (Imation)

where can i get C’t magazine accelerated aging test results?

one more question!
if i had to choose between

1. SONY08D1 by SONY (MIT)
  2. FUJIFILM03 by MBIL (MII)
    which one should i prefer?

Theyre not really a good choice - try to get Verbatims (16x) or Taiyo Yudens. If forced, the Sony’s are slightly better in my opinion.

Start here: http://cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=142231#142231 - also read further than the post I link to, there’s newer input later in the thread.:wink:

About your discs: why don’t you post some scans? We can’t tell you if these discs are any good out of guessing. :wink:

FUJIFILM -> Technology supplier (Dye, stamper)
MBIL is the real manufacturer for these.

DVD identifier reads the MID code in the ADIP data and gives that back as manufacturer.
Because that one says FUJI it is recongnized at Fuji.

Tough to obtain in India :(. I’d recommend he get the MBI 16X +R discs.

Gaius Scipio, which city you from?

Fuji outsources to MBI, Prodisc, and Ritek. I’ve run into lots of dye streaks and poor burns on the Ritek pressed discs, but the Prodisc ones have been fine in my experience. Haven’t run in to any from MBI, though.

i am from ahmedabad.
we dont have much choices in india, do we bhairav?
its sad

hey bhairav! if you ever have purchased MBI Pro CD-R before a year and if you do now, you may notice a slight difference which is not apparent. if you see them from back-side in light (any, like tubelight), you may see that the older one had an additional layer and was thick where as the new one also claims to have additional protective layer but it seems thinner than the older ones. Can you comment on this one?

Nope, I can’t see it. I have some MBI pro CDRs from June 03, and some newer, lighter coloured ones. Can’t make it out :confused: