MBI 01RG40 media and ND-2510A: Development continues...?

vbimport

Hi-

Today I flashed my ND-2500A into a ND-2510A using Liggy’s (awesome) 2.19 firmware. I noticed the date on this firmware was November of 2006.

The flash went really smoothly, but it didn’t solve the problem I’m having: I can’t burn any disks using the 16x Imation DVD-R media that I bought (MBI 01RG40). (That media wasn’t listed as being supported in the firmware… but I was hoping anyway.) I’m using Nero OEM 6.6.0.13 for burns.

Here’s my question: will new firmware development continue for the ND-2510A? Should I shelve this batch of Imation disks until an updated firmware is released, and then hope that it will support this new MBI media code? Or is the 2500/2510 nearing the end of its useful life, and continued firmware development should not be expected?

Lastly, how is it decided which new media codes get included in firmware updates? Is this something that NEC does, or do the individual developers make their own additions?

Anyways, thanks for any info. Frankly, I’ve gotten so much mileage out of this burner, that I won’t be too disappointed if it’s time to put it out to stud. Also, I shouldn’t have purchased these crappy Imation disks in the first place. But anyhow, thanks a lot to the whole unofficial firmware crowd for picking up the slack for NEC.

Learn to use Media Code Speed Edit (MCSE). It will let you add new Media ID’s and update the firmware…then you just need to reflash.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139455

Thanks for the suggestion… neat tool. I tried it, and it was already showing a write strategy for the MBI 01RG40 (4x and 8x speeds). Since it hasn’t been working for me, I tried switching a different MBI disk type for that code, and it’s still not working.

I think I’ll probably just toss these disks.

Perhaps there is an extension or revision identifier that’s missing.
Try using DVD Identifier to get the exact Media ID and overwrite the existing “MBI 01RG40”.

[QUOTE=tqhoang;1660980]Perhaps there is an extension or revision identifier that’s missing.
Try using DVD Identifier to get the exact Media ID and overwrite the existing “MBI 01RG40”.[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap::iagree::iagree::iagree::flower:THANKS BOYS!!!
IT’S WORK!!!
EYXARISTW POLY!!! (ALL GREEK TO YOU?)
I MEAN THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

_NEC ND2500 - NECDRIVECONV.EXE - NEC ND 2510A
media: PLEOMAX 16x (SAMSUNG) MBI O1RG40
2fa_orig.bin - DVD Identifier - MediaCodeSpeedEdit.exe - NECWinFlash.exe
MBI O1RG40 PATCHED!
DONE!!!

[QUOTE=KAIGAMO;1930989]:clap::clap::clap::iagree::iagree::iagree::flower:THANKS BOYS!!!
IT’S WORK!!!

media: [B]PLEOMAX 16x (SAMSUNG)[/B] MBI O1RG40
MBI O1RG40 PATCHED!
DONE!!![/QUOTE]

Oh god, what a waste for this media…

I need to do the same thing as you.

So how did you add it on ?

See my attachment here-

Thanks

[QUOTE=KAIGAMO;1930989]:clap::clap::clap::iagree::iagree::iagree::flower:THANKS BOYS!!!
IT’S WORK!!!

media: PLEOMAX 16x (SAMSUNG) MBI O1RG40
MBI O1RG40 PATCHED!
DONE!!![/QUOTE]

This thread is FIVE YEARS old!

Was still relevant to what I needed to do on my current NEC burner.

[QUOTE=chef;2662309]This thread is FIVE YEARS old![/QUOTE]

What a waste…

[QUOTE=chef;2662985]What a waste…[/QUOTE]
Just like your comment here

While I don’t use my ND-2500@2510 myself any longer and fortunately don’t have Ritek F1, others may not have a choice to use different drive and/or media.

Really?

I doubt it.