I am a newbie to CD burning but I'm having an odd problem I think. The CD's I've made (with Nero) work just fine in all CD players BUT the one in my car. Even an old radio in my office plays them fine. I put it down to 1x, I make sure it's finalizing the CD, and I'm using Maxwell CD-R's, not CD-RW's, spefically for Audio. What my car is doing is making a lot of noise when I put the CD in while it tries to find the track, it DOES see how many are on the CD at first though. The 1x speed is the only one that it will find the track on at all, after some time, but if you try to forward to another track, it takes a very, very long time to look for it (I've even waited 10 mins and it still hadn't found it at one point!).
My car is a 1999 Mazda Protege, and the player is what came with it.