Maybe my cdrom drive

vbimport

hi, ive recently purchased a new game but whilst installing at about 52 percent it will error. ive checked the tech support read their forums sent blizzard an email and still nothing. i read it could have something to do with my cd roms dual layer switch and required firmware but im a noob with computers and dont understand fully. my laptop is a toshiba satellite u500–10x if that helps. thanks.:confused:

[QUOTE=aident44;2569880]hi, ive recently purchased a new game but whilst installing at about 52 percent it will error. ive checked the tech support read their forums sent blizzard an email and still nothing. i read it could have something to do with my cd roms dual layer switch and required firmware but im a noob with computers and dont understand fully. my laptop is a toshiba satellite u500–10x if that helps. thanks.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like two kinda problem. One either the drive itself is bad or dirty and can’t read or second the media is bad and poorly made and you will need to take it back and get another copy and try again…Since I don’t know what kinda cd/dvd drive you have that is something you will have to take out and look at and tell us???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2569925]Sounds like two kinda problem. One either the drive itself is bad or dirty and can’t read or second the media is bad and poorly made and you will need to take it back and get another copy and try again…Since I don’t know what kinda cd/dvd drive you have that is something you will have to take out and look at and tell us???[/QUOTE]

hi, sorry to sound like a noob i dont know how to take it out of my laptop i will ask a friend if they can. this is what the product spec sais about my dvd drive
-DVD-RW SuperMulti drive (Double Layer)
which i got from http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=UK&toshibaShop=false&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&PRODUCT_ID=1070399

if this helps?

iv just checked the properties for my disk drive. it says its TOSHIBA MK5055GSX.
thanks

Have you gone to Toshiba site and check with your serial number to get a more exact cd drive unit model number?

yea i went to toshiba and it gave me that link. im pretty sure it is the cdrom drive because i have just installed the disc fine on another computer. the game used a dual layer disc so maybe my disk drive has a problem with readin it. ive looked for firmware for it because i heard that might help but found nothing.