May I know which DVD Burner support HD-Burn

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a new DVD burner which will support HD-Burn and allow me to use Nero to burn 1.4 GB Data onto a 700 MB CDR.

Any idea which brand name and Model will support this HD-Burn feature ?

Please kindly advise.

the Optorite DD203 supports HD-Burn.

Optorite DD0203, DD0201, and DD0401 Better recognize.

Thank you for all your prompt replies, AZImmortal and Stoner

The problem I couldn’t find the brand name DVD burner called the Optorite in Vancouver, BC, Canada

So I would like to is there any other brand name will support
HD-Burn as well ? Like MSI, Lite-On etc ???

Please kindly advise.

The Sanyo CRD-BPDV2 supports it too and the upcoming MSI DR8-A will also support HD-BURN.

Originally posted by gomcse
[B]Thank you for all your prompt replies, AZImmortal and Stoner

The problem I couldn’t find the brand name DVD burner called the Optorite in Vancouver, BC, Canada

So I would like to is there any other brand name will support
HD-Burn as well ? Like MSI, Lite-On etc ???

Please kindly advise. [/B]

my msi dr4-a supports hd-burn great. i’ve tried a number of brands (emtec, maxell) and so far havn’t produced a single coaster.

a new firmware is out actually, over @ http://www.msi-technology.de/download/bios/84xx/dr4-a_223d.zip
:smiley:

As most of you know, the word is out that a new model from MSI, Optorite are out, Question is the NEW MSI model, dr8-a has only a 2mb buffer, but the dr4-a has a 8mb buffer, question is how good is it to have a 8mb than a 2mb internal buffer???

Dave

If you have properly connected HDs and optical drives, enough RAM, and good media, the difference between 8MB and 2MB is nill. 8MB does come in handy if you’re using some afgan made wal-mart PC running a Pentium 100 w/ 64MB RAM, 340MB 5400rpm HD and dvd writer on the same IDE channel, and Win98… yeah, that should make that extra 6MB of buffer kick in. BTW, don’t forget to enable PIO too, 'cause UDMA’s too good for such a slow system.

Thanks Stoner, I guess I’ll wait then til the dr8-a come out in the stores, as I do have a good system.2.5 intel

Dave