Hi EliteBytes,

PC RAM 16 GB
HD 640 GB
Win 7 Home x64

I have tested MaxVeloSSD 2.3.3.7 with these settings:
SSD Cache 32 GB
RAM Cache 384 MB
Profile: Standard (conservative)

When i run Anvil’s Storage Benchmark Windows crashes frequently with a BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

With RAM Cache set to higer values like 512 MB the crashes occure less frequently.

Is there maybe a problem with RAM Cache overflow?

sincerely,
jgrob

Something seems to be wrong with this version if you ask me. I had it installed on my main computer and a computer I built and sold to a customer. Mine crashed and corrupted so many files that I couldn’t repair Windows or get back to the desktop in normal or safe mode. I ended up reinstalling Windows on the SSD instead of using it for a cache drive.

My customer’s drive was majorly corrupted and I was able to still boot to his desktop, though he couldn’t open many programs due to DLL files missing. I did an in-place upgrade of Windows to repair without losing files or settings.

Both systems have 16 GB of RAM. Both had become unresponsive at some point and had to be forced off by holding the power button. Both were set to conservative levels in the software. His was the least expensive Personal edition, mine was the Professional edition. Both were maxed out on RAM allocation, his using 64 GB cache and mine 120 GB.

This happened to several customers of mine in the past, about 8 months ago, and I had to remove MaxVeloSSD from their systems. It’s getting really hard to trust this software!

[QUOTE=AnakiMana;2757484] It’s getting really hard to trust this software![/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree:
The concept is great,but it makes your system so fragile…if something goes wrong,60% of times your system is hosed…:frowning:

The concept is great,but it makes your system so fragile…if something goes wrong,60% of times your system is hosed…:([/QUOTE]

The last two releases may remove the fragility we’ve experienced. I’ve been emailing the support team and will be testing this latest fix… Trying to break it actually! It’s nice that they’re focusing and working hard on these problems.