Maxell +R 15pk Clearance Walmart

vbimport

This might not be something available across the country, but just in case, I found 6-8 15pks of Maxell DVD+Rs on the Walmart electronics clearance aisle last night for $5. I restrained myself from buying but one.

Did you happen to notice if they were 8x. The 16x Maxells should be on the shelves in August so they might be clearing out stock. They will code out as MXLRG 04 for the dash and Maxell 004 for the +.

They were 8x. Thanks for the codes, I haven’t scanned them yet.

The 16x discs that I posted codes for aren’t for sale yet. I have the codes because I have a friend that works for Maxell that sent me sample discs.

Did you burn some with your LG? Can you at leased say if they were good or bad?

thanks

Oh, I should have known that you were talking about your 16x, “04.”

These $5 15pk 8x Maxell are MAXELL002.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MAXELL-002-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [Hitachi Maxell Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [MAXELL]
Media Type ID : [002]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I bought one of these -R and I don’t remember what the media code was but it maxed out at 8x on my NEC 3500A whereas all the other 8x -R maxell I’ve bought burned at 16X.

This is becoming ambigious. Alan1476 is referring to the new 16x Maxells that are not in the stores yet of which he sampled a few. I found some 15pks of 8x Maxell DVD+Rs at walmart for $5 a pk or $0.33 ea, which is probally a sign that the 16x are coming in Aug like Alan said.

I think you are referring to Alan’s 16x, and it would be nice if scans were made available in the scan forum.

Scans were done on this new media by WesSociety. They were posted about 2 weeks ago.