Maxell Music CD-R MIJ TY 75 disc spindle for $9.81 @ Sams Club

I cleaned out the Sams Club In Henderson Las Vegas, they have 11 spindles left, for $9.81, all MIJ

Normal price was $16.81

turns out to be $0.13 each disc for a TY

yeah Gheto they are sold out here. That’s what i was buying to feed my Premiums.

Yeah, Most Sams Club are out of these spindles. I was at this same Sams Club a few weeks ago, but the price was still $16.81 and they have 2 big boxes of them left. But today, I went there to get some contact solution and found that they only have 11 spindles left for $9.81 so I cleaned them out. No more Verb DL media, all gone. The only MIJ of maxell media that they have left are those 50 packs in slim cases (Maxell Max) MIJ for $16.81. The spindle of 75 is much better deal

Do you have a link for these in Sam’s Club ? I can’t find them on the site :confused:

I need to know whether some available at clubs in Nashville TN or not

I ran to Sam’s after reading this, but no dice! :sad:

I’m sorry if this is a newbie question, but I’ve been trying to keep up with all the media info thats out there but I’m still confused.

I always though that the Maxell media was poor quality, or its so random its not worth the chance. How can you tell the media without opening and testing a disc?

Also isnt Tayo Yuden the brand name, or is that the name of the media under the brand name “Maxell”??

[quote=mgray;1946467]?

Also isnt Tayo Yuden the brand name, or is that the name of the media under the brand name “Maxell”??[/quote]

You latter assumption is correct

[QUOTE=mgray;1946467]I’m sorry if this is a newbie question, but I’ve been trying to keep up with all the media info thats out there but I’m still confused.

I always though that the Maxell media was poor quality, or its so random its not worth the chance. How can you tell the media without opening and testing a disc?

Also isnt Tayo Yuden the brand name, or is that the name of the media under the brand name “Maxell”??[/QUOTE]

Tayo Yuden is considered about the best you can get.

If it is cd-r and you want Tayo Yuden…just look for Made In Japan on the package. CD-r Music cd’s and CD -r photo cd’s under the Maxell name can be found at Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and if you are lucky SAMS Club…just make sure it says made in japan!!

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1945331]Do you have a link for these in Sam’s Club ? I can’t find them on the site :confused:

I need to know whether some available at clubs in Nashville TN or not[/QUOTE]

I bought it in the store so I do not have the link. You can search on Samsclub.com. Good Luck

ghetocowboy - Thanks for the heads-up! The Erie, PA Sams Club still has several Made In Japan Maxell Music CD-R 75 packs left. Be careful to check each package - some Made In Taiwan are mixed in with them.

Got a chance to burn a few of these and the disc quality scores are really good: 98-100 using LiteOn 20A3P and 20A4P drives at 40 and 32X burn speeds! What a deal for 13 cents a disc! Should have bought more!

Thanks again ghetocowboy and CDFreaks!

Sorry chaps, been out of the loop for awhile on CD-R’s, does this media work as regular CD-R’s, like for DATA 'n such?

[QUOTE=r_saotome;1950104]Sorry chaps, been out of the loop for awhile on CD-R’s, does this media work as regular CD-R’s, like for DATA 'n such?[/QUOTE]Some of the best CD-R’s you can get are TY’s so yes.

Thanks for the heads up, and I mean it. THANK YOU.

I just scored 10 of these, all MIJ for cough 6.87 cough each…

[I](mad kung fu laughter sound effects here)[/I] :smiley:

[QUOTE=daimyodrum;1952017]Thanks for the heads up, and I mean it. THANK YOU.

I just scored 10 of these, all MIJ for cough 6.87 cough each…

[I](mad kung fu laughter sound effects here)[/I] :D[/QUOTE]

I’ll bite!

Where? How? Any left?

Sounds like you got a deal! Congrats!

@ Sams Club
they are clearance them out, start scouting folks

My local WalMart has them and also Maxell CD-R Pro and Sony Music CDR; all are MIJ TY and on sale one for 9.00 a spindle. I picked up a spindle of each for reviews.