Maxell DVD +R Disc probelm (Lite-On IHAS422 DVD Writer)

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On Internal 22x DVD Writer LightScribe SATA w/ SmartErase technology. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can help me. I have a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS422 8 with Sata connections. I have upgraded the firmware to 4L16. The writer works ok with every other disc I have tried except the Maxell DVD+R discs I have just bought. On Imgburn it is listed as a DVD-RW with the following disc ID - Ritek-F16-01. The discs just do not seem to be seen correctly, when I try to burn an image with Imgburn it says it need to format the disc. if I had bought 25 I would not be worried but I have bought 400. On the Maxell site it says that these discs might not work on some writers. Any suggestions guys?

Bigboab5

Use better media…!

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2289876]Use better media…![/QUOTE]

well thanks for that suggestion, not the answer I expected but hey you may have a point, but seeing as I now have 400 discs, I was hoping for a more productive answer.

Ritek F16 should be fine. Have you got the latest firmware for your writer (sorry but not familiar with Lite-On firmware)? Try a previous firmware too. Very strange what you’re experiencing.

[QUOTE=Kevatcrewe;2290007]Ritek F16 should be fine. Have you got the latest firmware for your writer (sorry but not familiar with Lite-On firmware)? Try a previous firmware too. Very strange what you’re experiencing.[/QUOTE]

Hi well I had the previous firmware (4L11 I think) on it and it didn’t see the discs. I then upgraded to the 4L16 and it still doesn’t see the discs. The maxell discs are 1-16 x speed incase that makes any difference, the gold coloured ones.

[QUOTE=bigboab5;2289842][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On Internal 22x DVD Writer LightScribe SATA w/ SmartErase technology. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can help me. I have a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS422 8 with Sata connections. I have upgraded the firmware to 4L16. The writer works ok with every other disc I have tried except the Maxell DVD+R discs I have just bought. On Imgburn it is listed as a DVD-RW with the following disc ID - Ritek-F16-01. The discs just do not seem to be seen correctly, when I try to burn an image with Imgburn it says it need to format the disc. if I had bought 25 I would not be worried but I have bought 400. On the Maxell site it says that these discs might not work on some writers. Any suggestions guys?

Bigboab5[/QUOTE]

Its simply your burner…
I have burnt more than enough of them and also their -R 16x and never a real problems burning at 8x and 12x.