Maxell Cd-r TY's

Yesterday was in Sam’s Club and found a 75pack of Maxell cd-r Ty’s for 16.33 plus tax. Not sure if its was just for that certain store or region specific but it might be something to check out. BTW store I went to is outside of detroit.

Yo-

That is a kicka$$ price for some great media IMO - eh?

Mike

How good are Maxwell DVD-R’s? I’ve looked at the scans on the Media page, and apart from one or two, they’re good, but I’m just not too sure at the moment. Think these are worth it?: http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/cgi-bin2/details.pl?id=maxdvd8xsp

I made 2 data disc and ran the usual test and got perfect scores on them, it is some great media I’m gonna go pick up maybe 3 more. The only gripe and a small one is the 32x thought it wouldve been 48x.

Crashcart I dont know about those maxell the only dvd-r maxells i have are the gold label ones(MXLRGO3 i think)

Yo-

If you buy any CD-R’s - MADE IN JAPAN - you are going to get Taiyo Yuden’s and 32x speed will give you as good a burn as you will get from any other medias IMO-

Mike

Maxwell DVD-Rs? Or do you mean Maxell? I can’t figure out why everyone to this day keeps trying to call them Maxwell when they have been in the media business for years and years. :wink: Maxell DVD-Rs are either thier own dye (as mentioned above) or TY. Both of which are good. I have had rotten luck with Maxell’s own discs but that is just me.

Eek - my mistake! Actually, I’ve failed to notice all these years that MaxWell and Maxell are different! Yep - the ones i’m looking at are the Maxell DVD-R 8x, which, with only one or two exceptions - have had good scans. I was thinking of getting Verbatims from the same place, but some of the scans are a bit iffy too, and they cost 6p more, and i’m stingy, so hey :stuck_out_tongue:

My local Sam’s Club also has the MIJ Maxells for the same price. Only thing stopping me is the 32x. Does this mean that it’s old or lower grade then the current 48-52x TY.

Yo-

I do all my CD burns at 32x - takes a very little bit longer - but the end product is worth it IMO-

Buy 'em (get 2 or 3) you will not be sorry-eh!

Mike