Maxell CD-R Pro vs. Maxell Photo CD-R Pro

Recently, I picked up several spindles of Maxell CD-R Pro discs on clearance. Only after taking them home did I notice that the outer wrapper said Maxell PHOTO CD-R Pro. These were made in Japan (presumably by Taiyo Yuden) and the discs look identical to the regular CD-R Pro discs. I tried burning an audio CD using one, with successful results.

From what I’ve read, the “photo” CD-R Pro discs are inadvisable for standalone CD recorders, and may have a lower burn rate than the regular CD-R Pro discs, but is there any other reason I should NOT use them for music and/or audio?

Thanks in advance,

C.

Hello cingramaol,
welcome to the forum. :wink:

[QUOTE=cingramaol;2423135]
From what I’ve read, the “photo” CD-R Pro discs are inadvisable for standalone CD recorders, and may have a lower burn rate than the regular CD-R Pro discs, but is there any other reason I should NOT use them for music and/or audio?
[/QUOTE]
There is no reason why you should not use these media for audio/music projects. They are one of the best presently available CD-Rs.
But some (especially older) CD recorders can burn only a special audio CD-Rs (like these) and do not support burning on standard “data” CD-Rs.

Hello cingramaol,
welcome to the forum. :wink: