Maxell CD-R Pro 10pk $5 @ Walgreens

vbimport

I just returned from my local Walgreens, where I found packages of 10 Japanese-made Maxell CD-R Pros in slimcases for $5.00. I have never seen these at Walgreen’s before. It’s a little spendier than the 25 packs at Walmart, but if you’re like me and try to avoid shopping at Walmart, it’s worth the extra few cents per disc.

I have a question about these: does the triple coating make these in any way unsuitable for using as music CDs?

East Tennessee here…and my two local Wal-Marts no longer carry MIJ CD-R…all are MIT.

My local Walgreens did carry Sony branded 30 pk spindles MIJ (great when they went on sale)… but no longer…now MIT

I have a question about these: does the triple coating make these in any way unsuitable for using as music CDs?

The coating does not affect their use for music in any way.

My local Walgreens did carry Sony branded 30 pk spindles MIJ (great when they went on sale)… but no longer…now MIT

Walgreens should still have Maxell Music CD-Rs that are MIJ (TY).

You’re right, Sony has stopped using TY for their music CD-Rs. If you find any, it’s old stock.

A better deal for the Maxell CD-R Pro/Photo would be at Office Depot, where I believe they are having a clearance sale. Those are still MIJ.

[QUOTE=negritude;2186964]A better deal for the Maxell CD-R Pro/Photo would be at Office Depot, where I believe they are having a clearance sale. Those are still MIJ.[/QUOTE]
You are correct; I just saw them at Office Depot last week. However, their “clearance” price is not much of a deal. A spindle of 25 has a list price of $24.99, with 25% off for the clearance price.

[QUOTE=BodyElectric;2187970]You are correct; I just saw them at Office Depot last week. However, their “clearance” price is not much of a deal. A spindle of 25 has a list price of $24.99, with 25% off for the clearance price.[/QUOTE]

Some stores are having 50% off sales on various media, so that’s why I mentioned them.

This deal is still good. I notice that the 10-pack of CD-R Pro or Photo is always $5.00, because they have a permanent non-sale sticker on them. This is the everyday price, not a sale price.