Maxell CD-R 80XL-S = Taiyo Yuden

vbimport

I the ohter day read in a thread here that some Maxell might be made by TY.
So, it showed to be true when I today opened up a jewel case
of the 40x 80XL-S Maxell and to my big surprise saw the TY’s familiar & typical look.

Here you go :

Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden,DX Dye
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

ATIP: 97m 24s 01f
Disc Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f / LBA: 359847)

ATIP info from disk - Read by Feurio 1.65.4ß
Recorder: LITE-ON - LTR-48125W
ATIP start of lead in: -02:35:74 (sector: -11699)
ATIP start of lead out: 79:59:72 (sector: 359997)
Manufacturer code: 97 24 01 - Taiyo Yuden Company
Disc type: Not Rewriteable
Disc subtype: Medium Type A, high Beta category (A+)
Target writing power: 4

Transfer Rate :
Start 21.70x
End 48.99x
Average 37.08x
Type P-CAV
Elapsed time : 2:33

Sweet, do you know any online store around here that sells them? :slight_smile:

[Edit]
Dustin.se and datorbutiken.se sells them, but only in 50/25 pack… Me want 100…

Nix ! I bought them at Power in Kungens Kurva. So that you can run into them quite occasionally.
And Elgiganten ( the same location ) sells 74 min’ TY ( TDK-branded ) - I’ve checked the inside personally, hehe :bigsmile:

Dustin.se and datorbutiken.se sells them

Yes, Dustin has the same ones MAXELL CD-R 700MB/80MIN 40X JEWELCASE 10-P
but not Datorbutiken CDRMA80S Maxell CD-R 80min 700Mb 16x 25-pack . I saw this cake-box at Power and they weren’t TY.

Maxell 80min CD-Rpro’s are also TY… they’re not too shabby at all :cool: about 1 canadian buck when on sale

I just ran into some Maxell 80XL-S that according to cdr indentifier were Ritek´s.Bought at the same shop where I bought some 80xl-s´s that were Taiyo-Yudens some week ago.:confused:

After “gene_simmons” post…i remind you :

In the past i have posted that Maxell’s CDrs 80XL-S (available in my country in jewel cases ) have ATIP as Ritek .I have a suspicion that is a “cheat” from Maxell for cost purposes ,sell in mix TY and Ritek discs in the same shop …in same price!

Originally posted by gene_simmons
I just ran into some Maxell 80XL-S that according to cdr indentifier were Ritek´s.Bought at the same shop where I bought some 80xl-s´s that were Taiyo-Yudens some week ago.:confused:
Are those cake boxes or 10 pcs’ packs ? The 25 pcs’ cake boxes have never contained TY.
I mean like those on the pic :

They should look like this :

No they´re 10"inabox" juwelcased.I bought another pack of them a while ago ,and those were identified as Taiyo Yudens.As you BoSkin showed on the picture they were 80XL-S,not just 80XL.I´ve read else were that 80XL-S´s are supposed to be Tayio Yuden and nothing less,so this is very disapointing news to me.

As you BoSkin showed on the picture they were 80XL-S,not just 80XL.I´ve read else were that 80XL-S´s are supposed to be Tayio Yuden and nothing less,so this is very disapointing news to me.
That’s correct, they gotta be 80XL-S

The news is disappointing, but the gained knowledge is useful and valuable :smiley: :wink:

You´re welcome.But could I have wrong info?Is there several cdr identifier I could try to verifie this?

But could I have wrong info?

Is there several cdr identifier I could try to verifie this?

1. Well, it’s kinda hard to guess w/o knowing more, but I believe you’ve done it correctly.

2. You can verify the ATIP using :

[COLOR=darkblue]CDR Identifier V1.63

or Nero CD Speed > Extra > Disc Info

or Smart-Burn Media Check Simulator

or Feurio! CD Writer > Extras > Output ATIP Information

[/COLOR]

I tested the disc´s with DR-Identifier v.1.63, and will try Nero CDSpeed tonight and let you know.

I tested the disc´s with DR-Identifier v.1.63, and will try Nero CDSpeed tonight and let you know.
Well, I do know that the ATIP will remain the same :wink:

Yes of course it will be the same.But just in case I´ve got something that screws my comp. up or have done something wrong I have to do some more research on my own.With Plextools v.1.20a it said Ritek (79:59:70)type 7. Nero info tool:Ritek.Nero Cd Speed:Ritek,dye type 7(short strategy) Phthalocyanine. What does “type 7” mean?So this is probably a Ritek product and not that vey good results for me there is.Conclusion-a Maxell 80XL-S could either be a Tayio-Yuden OR a Ritek. :confused:

Would you please post the ATIP here.

Sure! Inga problem, no problems at all.Laters./gs

CDR-Identifier v.1.63

ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.82MB (79m 59s 70f / LBA: 359845)

Smart-burn

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 17f
Norminal Capacity = 702.82MB (79m 59s 70f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = RiTEK,TG
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

Nero Cd-speed/disc info

Manufacturer : Ritek
Code : 97m15s17f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 7: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 79:59.70
703 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : 83:04.27 (730 MB)

I have also done a complete test of this disc with Nero CD-speed and can provide the results if anyone is interested.It´s in HTML or .dat and can be sent if you mail me./gs

Thanx, Gene !
Oh, btw, what drive(s) do you own ? I mean, it’s regarding the overburning capacity test in Nero CD Speed.

:wink:

Plex 48x:er with fw.v.1.04./gs (by the way I see you´ve got excellent taste when it comes to music,the spaceman is also great!)

by the way I see you´ve got excellent taste when it comes to music
It goes without saying ! :wink: It could be stupid not to do so after spending almost 3 decades on that :cool: