Maxell Branded TY's

vbimport

Just a quick one, was thinking of getting some Maxell (Taiyo Yuden) White-Topped Thermal Printable 8x DVD-R from svp and just want to know if any of you good people know if these are the top of the line TYG02’s and not a lower grade, if they are top grade then two spindle’s of these will work out alot cheaper than a 100 spindle of TY disc’s.

Last quick one, is writing on thermal printable’s the same as any old disc with a disc marker or does the ink smudge off ?? nope had thermal disc before.

i got my batch from B&H. really high quality media

[quote=Jedi Master Yoda;2139503]Just a quick one, was thinking of getting some Maxell (Taiyo Yuden) White-Topped Thermal Printable 8x DVD-R from svp and just want to know if any of you good people know if these are the top of the line TYG02’s and not a lower grade, if they are top grade then two spindle’s of these will work out alot cheaper than a 100 spindle of TY disc’s.

Last quick one, is writing on thermal printable’s the same as any old disc with a disc marker or does the ink smudge off ?? nope had thermal disc before.[/quote]
It is ok to write on them with a disc marker.

My Maxell (Taiyo Yuden) White-Topped Thermal Printable 8x DVD-R arrived today from SVP.

The lot number is GG000158.

One cakebox was damaged, the other cakebox not damaged. Discs inside don’t appear to be damaged.

No written indication whether these are supposed to be standard or value line media.

I burned and scanned the topmost disc in both cakeboxes…

[B]1st cakebox[/B] burned at 8x in a Pioneer DVR-112L 1.24

This Pioneer drive always has 1-2 minor dips so this can be considered a perfect TRT.

[B]2nd cakebox[/B] burned at 8x in a Pioneer DVR-112L 1.24
Unfortunately, there was a small speck of dust attached to the disc during burning - even though I used compressed air for cleaning. :doh:

This Pioneer drive always has 1-2 minor dips so this can be considered a perfect TRT.

Thanks for that, might have to get some soon.

do theses disks say they are maxell or are they in a plain spindle with no paper/card saying what they are?

thanks

They are Maxell Branded to the package will say Maxell but when you put it in your PC the MID will be TYG02, also the package will say made in Japan because TY only makes their media in Japan