Maxell announces DVD-Rpro - their new durable media

vbimport

I just posted the article Maxell announces DVD-Rpro - their new durable media.

The Doctor used our news submit to tell us Maxell has jumped on the
bandwagon and announced a single layer media that can take a licking and still
remain readable. Called DVD-Rpro, the media…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9758-Maxell-announces-DVD-Rpro---their-new-durable-media.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9758-Maxell-announces-DVD-Rpro---their-new-durable-media.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Price in Canada? ::

Sorry but I have lost COMPLETE RESPECT FOR MAXELL ! They make so much bogus claims on their media. They say lifetime waranty, but most of the maxell media I’ve seen are CRAP! Maxell used RICOHJPNR01 in the past, now they use a very bad batch of CMCs and RITEKs and their 1-800 tech support is run by an arrogant individual. I don’t trust Maxell anymore they can go to hell. Their new CRAP will probably cost 5 to 10 times more than a standard DVD+R, again another gimmick to take money from unsuspecting customers.

Does this meant that they are using TY discs as TY’s have proven longevity.:d

3 companies have now announced more durable discs: 3M (Imation), Maxell & TDK. It wouldn’t surprise me if 2 or more were using the same technology. Where’s Mitsubishi Chemical/Verbatim? Imation claims: discs can repel “up to” 100 times more dust than a regular disc. I assume that means a LOT less than 100 times in the real world. Maxell claims theirs is 20 times. “The new protective coating is also resistant to smudges, water, and fingerprints, all of which can be easily wiped off the disc.” Water, smudges and fingerprints can be wiped off? Will the wonders never cease. Seriously though, does water come off more easily than current discs? Would be good to have a test going head-to-head with each of them and see how they fare. Even informal tests…

Datawrite use similar protective coating apparently.