Maxell 16x DVD+R 100 Pack Spindle

Buy.com has these for $19.99 today for the 100 pack spindle.

Does anyone here have them / approve of the quality?

Here’s the info from the website:

Manufacturer: Maxell
Mfg Part#: 639016
UPC: 00025215627675
Buy.com Sku: 201935126
Item#: C3V37K

Most likely CMC MAG M01 or RITEK F16. OK, but nothing special. Use them for everyday burns but not archiving or anything important.

[QUOTE=negritude;2305478]Most likely CMC MAG M01 or RITEK F16. OK, but nothing special. Use them for everyday burns but not archiving or anything important.[/QUOTE]

How do these stack up against the Memorex DVD+/-R that are on sale all the time too? Because I’ve been using those to backup my dvd collection!

[QUOTE=AuDi0pHiLe;2305479]How do these stack up against the Memorex DVD+/-R that are on sale all the time too? Because I’ve been using those to backup my dvd collection![/QUOTE]

Memorex is about the same. Most media on retail shelves these days is basically the same. The only premium media available is Verbatim.

Verbatim? I used to only purchase Taiyo Yuden media 'cuz they were so highly praised.

Do the +/- really make any type of difference quality-wise these days? In terms of the Memorex / Maxell, etc?

[QUOTE=AuDi0pHiLe;2305497]Verbatim? I used to only purchase Taiyo Yuden media 'cuz they were so highly praised.[/QUOTE]

TY are great, but you won’t find them on a retail shelf anywhere. At least not in the US. If you want TY, you have to buy them online at places that specialize in media (rima, supermediastore, etc.).

For +R, Verbatim is probably your best bet for getting anything decent from a retail outlet or mainstream website. I have no idea about -R.

Yeah, so the only thing I can recommend is TY (mailorder only) or Verbatim (mailorder or in-store). Everything else is so-so.

If I were to purchase any Maxell / Memorex media it would be the -R you will
most likely get CMC MAG AM3 which is a lot better than the +R M01 IMO any
how the CMC MAG AM3 that I’ve burned was ok media not great but ok most
of the time anyway. I wouldn’t trust any of the CMC MAG AM3 / MAG M01 with
anything that couldn’t be replace easily. :disagree: Your best bet is to do like the others
said spend a little more and get either TY or Verbatim +R media or -R media with
either of those brands will do just fine. :iagree:

I seem to always get horrid packs of Maxell so I stay away from them. Their grade of Ritek seems to be B-stock compared to Memorex, Fuji, and other rebranders.