Maxell $13/100 vs Sony $20/100 Question

vbimport

Frys has Maxell DVD-+ for just under $13/100
and Costco has Sony DVD-+ for $20/100

Which is the better deal re cost vs quality for the DVD(+)?
TIA
zaq

I would personally spend the extra few dollars for the Sony discs as I’ve never
had all that much good luck using the Maxell discs. :disagree:

Sony is the choice of low risk. The media quality isnt excellent but never see any bad batch. Maxell could be good to very good if its from Japan ( Maxell Mids ) or junk if from Taiwan ( Ritek Mids ).

I will differ from the majority here. The Sonys from costco have been mediocre at best. Very inconsistent. Yes, even the hyped SonyD21s have been very variable. On the other hand, the Maxells, if they are ProdiscF02 or CMC.MAG AM3 or M01 are very very consistent. My burners love the AM3s.

Alex

[QUOTE=zhadoom;2487041]Maxell could be good to very good if it`s from Japan…[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, there is no more Maxell MIJ in the states and there hasn’t been any for years.

neither one

Sony were quite good, sold under Daxon mediacode.
Not so nowadays.

Neither one is very good, get some excellant quality media such as TY’s or Verbs

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2489317]Neither one is very good, get some excellant quality media such as TY’s or Verbs[/QUOTE]

Yo Jimbo-

I TOTALLY agree-eh!! :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2489317]Neither one is very good, get some excellant quality media such as TY’s or Verbs[/QUOTE]

I did just that
Got the Verb(+) MIUAE 100 pack
Thanks

I have had many frisbees from both but at the price of either … I just go flying with the frisbee and start again

Hi All,

Don’t listen to the Sony Media bashers. I have been using it for years with Lite-on drives, but I also use verbs…now Sony dvd players…another story altogether.

[QUOTE=zaq;2489551]I did just that
Got the Verb(+) MIUAE 100 pack
Thanks[/QUOTE]
You got some good advice and made a good call :clap:. If you’re looking for discs to burn, stick with Verb, T-Y, and Falcon. Just bought these on sale a couple weeks ago to check up on Sony quality currently. The white surface will make them easier to locate out in the lawn come frisbee season next summer :bigsmile:.