Maxdata Dvd+R 8x Any1 tried?

Just wondering coz i noticed on ebay they say it’s supposed to be mcc003. Here’s what i’ve found so far for maxdata’s:

4x DVD-R branded (greyish topswith maxdata name) = gsc001 and gsc002
4x DVD-R white tops = cmc mag (not sure, cant remember which version)
8x DVD-R branded (greyish top with maxdata name saying 8x) comes up as TYG02 which i beleive is a fake media code (possibly gigastorage actually manufactured thsese discs)

In australia maxdata discs are generally very cheap, and it would be excellent it their 8x +r discs were really MCC (mitsubishi chemicals). Any info greatly apreciated :slight_smile:

i’ve just bought 50 of these 4X DVD-R from CDREPUBLIC.

http://www.cdrepublic.com/customer/product.php?productid=114&cat=62&page=1

manufacture ID: GSC001 and the manufacture name is: GigaStorage Corp. i was told that these use super AZO that is found in TDK and Verbatims and that these as are better than RITEKS, as they offer 80% reflectivity compared to 60% from the best RITEK.

worked well on PS2 and XBOX, although i still doubt they’re as good as TDK and Verbatims.

Yeah well i’ve found out about the 8x +r now so its like :
4x DVD-R branded (greyish topswith maxdata name) = gsc001 and gsc002
4x DVD-R white tops = cmc mag (not sure, cant remember which version)
8x DVD-R branded (greyish top with maxdata name saying 8x) fake TYG02
8x DVD-R branded gold top = gsc003)
8x DVD+R white-top = MCC003 which is the same as verbatim 8x +r

I’ve tried all of these, my favourites are the gsc001 and the mcc003 :slight_smile:

Edit: i burn on a nec 2510 and they all give very good results except for the gsc003/fake tyg02. They all seem to work on ps2 aswell except for the +r 8x bcoz i havn’t tried yet on ps2.