Max VeloSSD Download and Benchmarks

vbimport

Hey Elitebytes,
I see on the Elitebytes website mention of Max VeloSSD. Any more news on it or any info on what it is and how it will work? And when it might be available?

Cheers
Scott

Hey,
Max VeloSSD is a new Caching software product line that focuses on high performance and gentle treatment of the SSD by pooling write operations.

Pooling write operations reduces the number of single write operations to the ssd. And also reduces what is known as “Write amplification”.

This is good for the health of the SSD.

High Performance, significantly higher then VeloSSD. In terms of numbers its a 2 to 5 acceleration factor.

MaxVeloSSD has absolved hard tests, will definitely be released to the public in November 2013.

Will this be a separate/new product, needing a new purchase or will be considered an update to the current VeloSSD?

Attila

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2705523]Hey,
Max VeloSSD is a new Caching software product line that focuses on high performance and gentle treatment of the SSD by pooling write operations.

Pooling write operations reduces the number of single write operations to the ssd. And also reduces what is known as “Write amplification”.

This is good for the health of the SSD.

High Performance, significantly higher then VeloSSD. In terms of numbers its a 2 to 5 acceleration factor.

MaxVeloSSD has absolved hard tests, will definitely be released to the public in November 2013.[/QUOTE]

I cant wait to try it , awesome stuff.:wink:

Hello,
thanks for your interest. We got a little delay. The Setup will be available here within 48 hours. 15.Now. 2010 17:40 MEZ.

I know this sucks, all i can do is give the link to the Manual right now:

http://downloads.velossd.com/MaxVeloSSD%20User%20manual.pdf

I am really looking forward to this :wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2709036]I am really looking forward to this ;)[/QUOTE]

I have posted a benchmark with the same benchmarking software I saw you use on your website, so our members have something to compare the [B]Original VeloSSD[/B] to the [B]MaxVelo[/B] Software. I am really looking forward to this, we can really start a few interesting threads in this sub forum.

Thanks !

MaxVeloSSD initial public release Nov. 16 2013 build:2.2.0.1

You are invited to try this new software.
It has fully absolved our Tests and we
have taken great care with this release.
It is build on reliable VeloSSD technology.

You can get Installation keys for this software on our website:
www.elitebytes.com

As a preparation & to add more safety you should:
-chkdsk /F your hdd before adding the cache.
-defrag the Hdd is also good.
-format the SSD, additionally use the vendor supplied tools to optimize performance of the ssd (TRIM).
-if your SSD had “freeze” or other issues / defects you should definitely make a backup of your Host volume.
-MaxVeloSSd makes heavy usage of RAM, so overclockers be aware.

Download Url:
http://downloads.velossd.com/MaxVeloSSDSetup.exe

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2709176]Thanks !

MaxVeloSSD initial public release Nov. 16 2013 build:2.2.0.1

You are invited to try this new software.
It has fully absolved our Tests and we
have taken great care with this release.
It is build on reliable VeloSSD technology.

You can get Installation keys for this software on our website:
www.elitebytes.com

As a preparation & to add more safety you should:
-chkdsk /F your hdd before adding the cache.
-defrag the Hdd is also good.
-format the SSD, additionally use the vendor supplied tools to optimize performance of the ssd (TRIM).
-if your SSD had “freeze” or other issues / defects you should definitely make a backup of your Host volume.
-MaxVeloSSd makes heavy usage of RAM, so overclockers be aware.

Download Url:
http://downloads.velossd.com/MaxVeloSSDSetup.exe[/QUOTE]

Can MaxVelo be installed with VeloSSD on the same machine or does VeloSSD have to be uninstalled?

Okay, I have downloaded the Beta of MaxVelo SSD, and yes you have to uninstall the Original VeloSSD to install MaxVeloSSD. [B]What you are about to see is in my opinion unbelievable. I am using a regular WD 320GB hard drive.[/B]

This is with the original VeloSSSD. This is not my screenshot, it is done with an AMD chipset. I cut and pasted it from [B]Elitebytes[/B] website, to give you a way to differentiate between the versions.

Wow that’s some difference! :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2709382]Wow that’s some difference! :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

You have to remember these are old spinners, and they are performing 10X better than SSDs, but you need the RAM, I have 32gbs of RAM in my rig and I am using 16gb on this software.:slight_smile:

So does this only work if you have 32GB of memory and/or an SSD? I saw no difference but then I am not running an SSD and only have 8GB on my old chugger lol.

[QUOTE=DeadMan;2710576]So does this only work if you have 32GB of memory and/or an SSD? I saw no difference but then I am not running an SSD and only have 8GB on my old chugger lol.[/QUOTE]

No I it have running on a desktop with a 240gb SSD and a 1 tb Samsung spinner and I only have 4 gbs of RAM in it. You absolutely need an SSD, or what would you use to cache?

At the moment I am using another hard disk as the cache. I rebooted and did a benchmark using CrystalDiskMark and it shows it’s fast but then it just sat there for ages thrashing the hard disk and nothing would load and eventually I had to hard reset. Ran a few progs after reboot (and a disk scan) and noticed it actually takes longer to load some apps. Hard disk thrashed a lot. Bootup time seemed remarkably fast though compared to before.

Surely the SSD should be your boot drive though? In effect I am not sure I understand how this program works. Does it prefer an SSD as cache or an SSD as OS boot partition? Would you not lose the benefits of SSD speed by just making it a cache drive? Is this not similar to the cache drives you plug directly into motherboards?

As you can see I am a bit confused :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DeadMan;2710621]At the moment I am using another hard disk as the cache. I rebooted and did a benchmark using CrystalDiskMark and it shows it’s fast but then it just sat there for ages thrashing the hard disk and nothing would load and eventually I had to hard reset. Ran a few progs after reboot (and a disk scan) and noticed it actually takes longer to load some apps. Hard disk thrashed a lot. Bootup time seemed remarkably fast though compared to before.

Surely the SSD should be your boot drive though? In effect I am not sure I understand how this program works. Does it prefer an SSD as cache or an SSD as OS boot partition? Would you not lose the benefits of SSD speed by just making it a cache drive? Is this not similar to the cache drives you plug directly into motherboards?

As you can see I am a bit confused :)[/QUOTE]

CDM cannot be used a bench as of now, only Anvils Benchmarking for now, a new build is being worked, CDM will take hours and lock up the volume.

[QUOTE=DeadMan;2710621]At the moment I am using another hard disk as the cache. I rebooted and did a benchmark using CrystalDiskMark and it shows it’s fast but then it just sat there for ages thrashing the hard disk and nothing would load and eventually I had to hard reset. Ran a few progs after reboot (and a disk scan) and noticed it actually takes longer to load some apps. Hard disk thrashed a lot. Bootup time seemed remarkably fast though compared to before.

As you can see I am a bit confused :)[/QUOTE]
If you look at MaxVelo, it can also be used a RAM Disc, but you need more RAM that you have. So using the SSD to cache the spinner is awesome, it will take about 15gb to use as cache from a 120gb SSD.

So I am thinking of getting an SSD (or two?). What would be the best way to get the most from this without adding more DRAM? 1 big SSD as OS boot partition? One SSD for boot OS and SSD partitioned with drive for cache? 2 smaller SSD’s striped and cache only?

It just seems strange that an SSD is usually advertised as speeding up your system by making it the primary OS boot partition and by making it as a cache to a spinner seems counterproductive?

Please forgive me for not completely understanding the technology :o

[QUOTE=DeadMan;2710727]So I am thinking of getting an SSD (or two?). What would be the best way to get the most from this without adding more DRAM? 1 big SSD as OS boot partition? One SSD for boot OS and SSD partitioned with drive for cache? 2 smaller SSD’s striped and cache only?

It just seems strange that an SSD is usually advertised as speeding up your system by making it the primary OS boot partition and by making it as a cache to a spinner seems counterproductive?

Please forgive me for not completely understanding the technology :o[/QUOTE]

I would get as big of an SSD that you can afford. You cant go wrong with extra storage. and DeadMan, you have been around long enough to ask anything you want, if I can help you I will, even if you were a newbie I would do my best to help you. This is a good program.:wink: