Max size for CD-R?

Has found 800 MB - but are there any bigger?

Thanx in advance

//Dumbo, Sweden

99 min or 900 mb

And it´s possible to burn in 900 MB of data on it… sound great.

// Dumbo

ps. Thanx for the tip!

Du är välkommen !

The only problem w it is that those are hard to get in Sweden :frowning:

Try it internationally, here’s just some clues :

[COLOR=purple]Infiniti 99 minute CD-R Yesbuy.net

Actually, it’s 870 MB of data but depending on the manufacturer you can squeeze in even a bit more.

[/COLOR]

Since these cd’s are really “modified” so to speak, some drives wont read them. When you squeeze it that tight, some drives will have a real problem reading it. My Plex1210a wont go beyond 89:59 :frowning: So before you buy those cdr’s see if your drive can actually read them.

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman

My Plex1210a wont go beyond 89:59 :frowning:

I don’t think he has a risk of contacting an antique store when buying his writer :bigsmile:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]

I don’t think he has a risk of contacting an antique store when buying his writer :bigsmile: [/B]

Hey! Its not that old and practically never makes a coaster unless I screw up.

Even some of the newer drives cant handle 99 minutes.

I had read somewhere that we can only store 866 MB on a 99min CD-Rs.

Does this vary with different manufacturers?

I dont know if its the manufacturers of the cd’s as much as the makers of the drives. While the cdr’ play an important part in this, it really depends how your drive handles writing it.

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman

Hey! Its not that old and practically never makes a coaster unless I screw up.

Keep your shirt on, man ! That was just a pure joke - don’t take it too personal, all right ?! :wink:

Oops, forgot to add a few smileys. I got that it was a joke. :wink:

u can use some programs that write data as audio, and squeeze 990 mb of data on those 99 min discs. theoretically.

That’s true which I always do like e.g. burning over 83-84’ on a 80’ CD ( some manufacturers )
or 93-95’ of audio on a 90’ CD ( SKC currently ) but Dumbo did mean purely data.