Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne

I can’t use my image of my Max Payne 2 CD. I’ve tried various combos of emulation & mounting using CloneCD & Daemon Tools, and all I get is the “Demo Shield 7.5” logo, then nothing. The original CD works just fine, but I hate playing my games this way…what’s the freagin’ point of having a machine that costs ten times an XBox, and I still have to put in the freakin’ game CD’s!!!

CloneCD 4.2.0.2
DaemonTools 3.41

Lite-On 48x24x48 CDRW
Windows XP Pro

CloneCD cannot make a working backup of what is popularly referred to as SecuROM 4.8x unless you apply a tool called twinpeak. Daemon Tools is of no help with a problem such as this.

Alcohol 120% and Blindwrite can make backups without an additional tool, however, they both use what could be considered ‘tricks’ to achieve the same end. Daemon Tools is useful for Alcohol 120% backups in this case. BW uses its own “Autoplay” technique.

What would you like to do next?

what’s the freagin’ point of having a machine that costs ten times an XBox, and I still have to put in the freakin’ game CD’s!!!

Instead of crying about it, if you opened your eyes and read something like this, then you would find all the answers you need.

Open your eyes before your mouth :smiley: