Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne

have you tried this yet? any success. I’m gonna try this weekedn with my 48125W VS06 with blindwrite.

I tried, using a ASUS CRW-5224A and no luck… boy before buying my burner I had read all these posts about how wonderful ASUS CDRW’s are but now owning one I’m incredibly dissapointed. I haven’t been able to copy much of anything. Oh well, if you have any luck post your settings and maybe I’ll give it another go

what is its copy protection scheme???

then we know what drives can do IT or NOT

SecuROM v4.85.04.0018

Originally posted by JJRJRM143
I tried, using a ASUS CRW-5224A and no luck…

Is it failing to install from the copy (as a general rule, you can’t install a twinpeak copy from an Asus drive) or is it failing to run from the copy after installing from your original or a non-twinpeak copy?

@Chaosman

I just copied this with a 48125W VS08 using Blindwrite 4.5.7.
Read with the burner at max speed, BWA’d at 4x, burned onto a TDK (Ritek) 48x at max speed.
Installs & plays from both my burner and a Liteon 166H DVD.

Look at that you learn something new everyday, by the way it’s failing to run from the copy after installing from the original.

Using Blindwrite 4.2.5 and latest firmware v1.37

Haven’t been able to copy safedisk 2.9 as well as SecuROM 4.8 and up, well actually I copied MOHAA: Breakthrough (2.9) but was only able to run it from my writer…

Here’s what I’ve been doing for SecuRom

Read with my writer extract min 1x - max 4x
Method - Nibble
Extract Subcodes

Write
Autoplay Support checked
write 4x
use bwa if available checked
write mode dao pw and I’ve tried dao pq

Bwa
read from my writer also at 1x with all background apps shutoff

I have a Pioneer DVD-116 would it help if I read from this and not my writer??

Any advice is greatly appreciated

TIA

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
[B]what is its copy protection scheme???

then we know what drives can do IT or NOT [/B]
Man, we’ve gone to a LOT of trouble for you guys, and you don’t even notice?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Use a PLEXTOR PREMIUM if you want to backup Securom 4.85 games with BW!

I just bought the game last night first thing i did was make a backup.

I never had any problems backing up secure rom with blindwrite before but this backup wont run on my machine.

I made a Bwa file for it that i read at 32x speed and as for the rest of the contents i read the cd and made a image file at 48x and burned it on verbatim disks.

It failed miserably.

My Writer is a Liteon 48246S

I was reading the copy on my liteon 165 dvd reader.

So anyone have any idea’s how to copy this game ?

greg

wylfman: did you use autoplay? I’m surprised at you success, lots of liteon users (including myself) are having problems with securom since v4.84.84 came out

@ Prof. X

No I had Autoplay turned off when I done the copy. Prior to this the highest I had done was 4.84.81. Count me among the surprised, I really didn’t think the copy was going to work. Unless autoplay is sneaking around behind the scenes…

Originally posted by Venturer
Use a PLEXTOR PREMIUM if you want to backup Securom 4.85 games with BW!

sorry guys NO U DONT need a plextor premium to copy securom!

(Max Payne 2) (securom 4.85)
I have a liteon 52x24x52

I use the best version yet of BW version 4.2.5

I set speed to 4x (min and Max)
Nibble and read subs (Autoplay off)

Made BWA file at 1x

Bunred at 8x use BWA file!

Copy works on liteon dvd and writer also mitsumi dvd reader!

I have not yet tried it on a toshiba drive.

Originally posted by DrQ
[B]sorry guys NO U DONT need a plextor premium to copy securom!

(Max Payne 2) (securom 4.85)
I have a liteon 52x24x52

I use the best version yet of BW version 4.2.5

I set speed to 4x (min and Max)
Nibble and read subs (Autoplay off)

Made BWA file at 1x

Bunred at 8x use BWA file!

Copy works on liteon dvd and writer also mitsumi dvd reader!

I have not yet tried it on a toshiba drive. [/B]

Yes, but the copies made with your Liteon use TWINPEAK writing way! With TWINPEAK you can’t install the copy in many drives!

lets get one thing straight am not against plextor heck am a plextor fanatic :bow:

Is 4.2.5 version use twinpeak? am not sure am actually asking :confused:

it worked fine installation wise on mitsumi, liteon and msi i have not yet tried toshiba though :rolleyes:

Wylfman

What kinf of burner do you have?

Thanks to all who helped me out.

The version i am running is 4.5.7 and after reading the previous reply’s is decieded to do a little test.

I read max payne2 on max speed, made a Bwa file at 32x

and i burned it at 48x speed.

First i burned the copy using Autoplay enabled, then tried the copy and it failed miserably.

I even rexecuted the program several times in a row to think it might run but as they say forget it.

Then i burned another copy with Autoplay disabled and instant magic it ran perfectly!!!

Then i made a third copy with the same setting and again it was perfect.

For some reason when Autoplay is thrown into the mix with this new version of securom it just won’t work.

From everything i have read in the past it was almost a nessesaty to have it enabled and that is how i made all my copy’s this way in the past.

Many thanks all around for the great help and fast responce time !!

Greg :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

IamTheBathroom

I have a Liteon LTR-48125W with VS08 firmware, set as secondary slave (tho I don’t think that would matter for copying)

gzukowsky, 'grats on getting a working copy :slight_smile:

Originally posted by JJRJRM143
I tried, using a ASUS CRW-5224A and no luck… boy before buying my burner I had read all these posts about how wonderful ASUS CDRW’s are but now owning one I’m incredibly dissapointed. I haven’t been able to copy much of anything. Oh well, if you have any luck post your settings and maybe I’ll give it another go
I’m deeply offended. If your ASUS doesn’t make a working backup then it’s a settings issue.

Originally posted by FutureProof
I’m deeply offended. If your ASUS doesn’t make a working backup then it’s a settings issue.

Any suggestions for settings then??