Max. Mb to burn on a 700Mb CD-R

A few days ago I created a Jukebox CD using Nero 7 on a 700 Mb CD-R (TDK 52X). I made sure that I didn’t go over (the folder on my PC said 699Mb).

I got no errors when I created the disc but now that I have been listening to the 170+ mp3s I have noticed that MANY songs have the first note or two chopped off the start so I was wondering…

Could this be caused because Nero Express; for some reason, squeezes the data so it fits on the CD? (I suppose that I won’t get the full 700 Mb from the disc due to the disc’s system files).

I noticed this on the mp3 CD player in my car (have not tested it elsewhere). But I did go back to the source mp3s on my PC and they are complete.

If it’s a matter of squeezing the data…

What would be the recommended maximum Mbs of mp3s to burn on a CD?

Thanks for your help:D

The capacity of an 80 min 700 MB CD-R is usually approx. 703 MiB (MiB = 1024 x 1024 Bytes).

Nero 7 doesn’t “squeze” your mp3 files, but Nero 7 had major problems with burning Audio CDs from mp3 files (and perhaps other files?) when it first came out - a problem that took a while to fix.

Try updating to the latest Nero 7 version (currently 7.11.10.0)and if that doesn’t work, try using another burning program like the simple and free Burrrn.

Thanks for replying

I will try the updating.

Regarding my actual issue, is it possible that; when I prepare for burning a Jukebox CD, there is something in the Nero Express configuration that I need to check/uncheck to avoid my problem?

Regards,

Maybe you should check if Nero is set to perform fade-in/fade-out on your audio tracks.

I don’t think so as I said before, it happens to many mp3s…but not all of them. Anyway, I will check the settings and se if something strange is there.

I have tested the CD in my PC and all songs are complete so what’s happening is that the car stereo is chopping off the first mili-seconds at the start of many mp3…but it’s the stereos doing and not that the audio tracks are incomplete.

Thanks for your time.

This thread can be closed now.

Maybe the mp3 player in your car doesn’t like the ID3 tags in your mp3 files and then skips over more than just the tags?

You could try copying a few of the mp3 files that skip and then removing all tags from the copied files before burning to CD.