Max.iso

vbimport

What is the Max iso file. Is it an iso image that had 'weak sectors' like those used in SD1/2?? Why are people using the file - how is it helping them? more info wanted.... :confused:

max.iso is a very strange file…
Those who have been in touch with it denies all knowledge about it…
It’s evil! :slight_smile:

It is indeed an ISO with weak sectors inside it. It is a testfile to test the EFM capabilities of your writer. This ISO is also usefull for examining the techniques used for creating weak sectors. It has no use for somebody who doesn’t understand EFM encoding/weak sectors. If you want to know more I suggest you first read the article from G@M3FR3@K which can be found on the frontpage. Then I would advice you to search the forum on these topics. I guess Google can help you too! Some startingpoints outside CDFreaks: betablocker & daemon tools.

Good luck!

:cool:

just post in a few words what people do with max iso other than check if their writer can burn emf bit patterens

This ISO is also usefull for examining the techniques used for creating weak sectors
Exand please.So people using it are trying to copy protect CD’s using weak sectore of what?

Originally posted by shuebhussain
So people using it are trying to copy protect CD’s using weak sectore of what?

It is a ‘research’-file/iso. People (who write programs like CloneCD or Daemon Tools or BetaBlocker) use it to understand how a protection like SafeDisc works. SafeDisc is a copy-protection based on weak sectors. If you know more about weak sectors you will probably also know more about the protection and how to bypass it. If you really want to know/understand more you first have to get the basics. Read all info on the following sites and if you then have specific questions come back and ask here!

http://www.chipchapin.com/CDMedia/
http://www.cdrfaq.org/

Enjoy reading!

:cool:

Nahh - it’s ok. i understand that SD 1+2 uses weak sectors [and other
checks like the ATIP check on SD2.51]to make the cd unreaddbale with some
read/writing programs. So basically im never going to write programs; so as long
as i know how to backup the SD2+ [like everyone] i dont care about how
the SD protections work,

thanks for the info anyway [on what max iso actually is.]

Just 3 more questions:

1. Is this max.iso image illegal?
    2.How big is the max.iso image file?
    3.where can it be dowloaded from , or can’t it?

(ignore 3 if the answer to 1 is yes)

cheers. :slight_smile:

thats a pretty lazy attitude…whats so hard about doing your own research ?

its only 3 websites.

you cant rely on people here to answer the same questions over and over again.

I know so little about making sofware that if i do make a program it will be useless!!!

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]Just 3 more questions:

3.where can it be dowloaded from , or can’t it?

(ignore 3 if the answer to 1 is yes)

cheers. :slight_smile: [/B]
I dont see the answers to these once!

No.

Tiny. it is around 11k.

3.where can it be dowloaded from?

http://www.geocities.com/cdbeta/max.zip

If you can read german, it’s parent page is quite informative.

If you want to know more I suggest you first read the article from G@M3FR3@K which can be found on the frontpage.

No offense to G@M3FR3@K, but I’m almost 100% certain that that article isn’t really technically correct. eg. The writer loses sync when writing weak sectors… an EFM encoder changes bits into 8 bit bytes… etc. (Sorry G@M3FR3@K!!! [Would have put a smiley here, but I don’t see any that fit!]).

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]thats a pretty lazy attitude…whats so hard about doing your own research ?

you cant rely on people here to answer the same questions over and over again. [/B]

Amen to that! I totally agree. Your last questions also don’t make any sense because you could find the answers to it yourself if you checked the thread in the CloneCD experienced users forum… remember you started asking questions overthere!

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
remember you started asking questions overthere!
Yes, but i got no decent reply there and i realised it was only fair to take this to the newbie forum since i was asking newbie questions!

just use the newest version of disjuggler…

Originally posted by SliverX
just use the newest version of disjuggler…

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about… stop posting if you don’t have anything usefull to add!

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about… stop posting if you don’t have anything usefull to add!

hehe…i was going to say the same thing about one of his other posts.

heheh