Max.iso

vbimport

hi ,

i'd really like know how ksch generated the patterns in max.iso.
since my liteon cannot write them, he did not rip them from sd.

hey, are you out there ksch ?

sorry for being (almost) offtopic, but i think the exp forum gives
me better a chance for him to read it...

[NOTE]Sorry if I’m saying this twice, I’m having trouble posting[/NOTE]

Could you send me max.iso? The download from http://patrizios-cdrsoft.de seems to corrupt.

I believe that these weak sectors were made the same as the SD2 weak sectors. He created sectors, that when XOR’d with the output of the sector scrambler form a regular bit pattern, which, when they have been sent through the EFM encoder, have a larger Digital Sum Value.

http://www.geocities.com/cdbeta/max.zip

i don’t think it’s that simple though. you forget about the circ coding between scrambling and efm. and i’m also not sure that feeding the efm coder with a regular pattern will cause it trouble.
the merging bits can always be chosen to keep the dsv right,or can’t they ?

what is this max.iso?

Quoting from ECMA-130, Annex B:

A regular bit pattern fed into the EFM encoder can cause large values of the digital sum value in case the merging bits cannot reduce this value

i don’t think it’s that simple though. you forget about the circ coding between scrambling and efm.

I’ll check for this soon, I’ve got to leave for church now, however, the CIRC only accounts for 8 bytes, and I can’t find exactly how it is interleaved, or just added at the end, or put in the P and Q subchannels (as hinted by the naming of the Parity bytes P and Q). My guess is the subchannels.

Edit:

I mean Annex B, not Annex E. Annex E describes the merging bits themselves.

ok , let’s see… i’ll code a little software scrambler and have a look at the output…

Could you send me max.iso? The download from http://patrizios-cdrsoft.de seems to corrupt.

may be the web server runs off a cd , lol =)

Yes, the download is really a link to that page.

However, whenever I try to load it into Daemon Tools (or burn it or examine it with ISO Buster), it is rejected as invalid.

of course you cannot load it into daemon. it no iso but just
25 user mode sectors. you can burn it with nero or discjuggler
as mode 1, 2048 bytes/sector. my aopen 24x can burn it to work in a few drives. the liteon cant.

LOL, yes, I realized that right after I posted.

Note: My Lite-On 24x can burn the weak sectors fine, and they work in both my Lite-On and my Raite DVD drive.

my 24x liteon ltr-24102b firmware 5s57 cant write max.iso
what version do you have?

I have version 5s54, however, I don’t believe that a firmware upgrade could change it’s ability to write weak sectors. I think that it would be dependent on the hardware. Olli once said this too (although it was in the same article in which he said that SD2 couldn’t be copied, so his opinions on the subject might be different by now).

Ask spath, he’ll know.

Ask spath, he’ll know.

already asked him and he doesn’t ;(

do you have the ltr-24102b, too ?

Originally posted by blackcheck

do you have the ltr-24102b, too ?

Yep.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
what is this max.iso?

ok here’s a little hacker trick:

remove /max.zip from the above url and you can
get to the site it belongs too!

use it wisely :wink:

errrm…it’s all in german

max.iso is a sample file with weak sectors.

>> Ask spath, he’ll know.
>
> already asked him and he doesn’t ;(

nice try :slight_smile:

why are you boyz fiddling with this image…if its somthin cool…get me in on it

Edit:

Why are my posts being ignored?