Matt Damon On Sarah Palin

vbimport

Actor Matt Damon speaks out on the Republicans’ choice of hockey-mom Sarah Palin for VP. Damon compares her rise to a ‘really bad Disney movie’ and says it’s crazy that this woman could become President.

http://www.maniacworld.com/Matt-Damon-on-Sarah-Palin.html

[QUOTE=hax0rth0r;2129049]http://www.maniacworld.com/Matt-Damon-on-Sarah-Palin.html[/QUOTE]

He is a Ass!

JohnnyJT :iagree:
South Philly

[quote=johnnyjt;2129066]He is a Ass!

JohnnyJT :iagree:
South Philly[/quote]

Ah come on, lets be nice :wink:

i think he is right

Another case of a celebrity thinking they are God’s gift to the rest of us. They make a movie and somehow think they can tell the rest of us how to think. Put all of them together and they still wouldn’t have as much common sense as ONE farmer in Indiana.

Some of the last people on earth whose opinions I value when it comes to politics are entertainers, especially the Hollywood-type crowd. Nobody who makes the kind of money they do for the amount of work they put out lives in the same world I do. I pay attention when they talk about subjects related to their craft, but that’s about it.

It can be a different matter when members of that pack occasionally break out and get actively involved in politics as a primary effort. But even then, they have to prove they know what they are talking about.

HAX
I heard about that.You have to remember that
DAMON is an actor he belongs to the actors union.
So anyone who is considered conservative is the enemy
to him and to most of hollywood , because conservatives are
viewed as anti-union. It’s a little funny because with the
millions most of the top actors make you think they would
be on the other side. Anyway that’s what’s wrong with
the my guy good your’s bad mentality silly?.
ZAP.:(:bigsmile:

[quote=larc919;2129193]Some of the last people on earth whose opinions I value when it comes to politics are entertainers, especially the Hollywood-type crowd. Nobody who makes the kind of money they do for the amount of work they put out lives in the same world I do. I pay attention when they talk about subjects related to their craft, but that’s about it.

It can be a different matter when members of that pack occasionally break out and get actively involved in politics as a primary effort. But even then, they have to prove they know what they are talking about.[/quote]

That’s the point I was trying to make. There has been a lot of hype about this video and what Matt Damon thinks and all that. I think its a joke. Actors get paid way to much. And I don’t see them doing anything that really helps us as a society. Sure its entertainment, but you can do other things for that.
I think its pretty sad how high a pedestal we put celebrities on as a society. They are no more important than us so why she would we make a big fuss when they say something or do something. Its pretty ridiculous, really.

GentleMen! Does this [I]really[/I] qualify as ‘Latest News’? Or should this thread (and the ensuing debate) be moved to the ‘Living Room’???

OLYTEDDY
This technically is a new headline[even though it was reported
a couple of days ago].So anyway my point is you can have it
in either forum. Actors and,hollywood in general sometimes
their big mouths get them in trouble[even though they are entitled
to their opinions.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bow:

Actors have the same right we have to say what they feel not that I am going to listen to them when I vote I never listen to Charlton Heston when he used to make his comments. I did listen to the whole speech Matt Damon said and everything he said was correct as for as I am concerned but it will not decide who I vote for Mrs Palin is not going to be the one at the top of the ticket.

Doesn’t matter which forum its in. If people start replying it’ll get out of hand and get closed anyway.

That is always the problem with these type post that why I never start them anymore. If there started I will add my two cents so it is not one way but I have learned to not post them to start with.

I do listen to everyone’s view as far as politics go, not saying I agree. Just listen to what they say. Because you never know what they could say to help you.
My point is actors are too revered by our society today.

[QUOTE=UTR;2129160]Another case of a celebrity thinking they are God’s gift to the rest of us. They make a movie and somehow think they can tell the rest of us how to think. [/QUOTE] Seriously. :frowning:

But there seems to be a large number of people who are willing to listen to their celebrity idols say, so… :Z

[quote=Randomus;2129734]Seriously. :frowning:

But there seems to be a large number of people who are willing to listen to their celebrity idols say, so… :Z[/quote]

I think most people that listen to celebrities do so because they see them in a movie and think wow he/she did really good in that movie so he/she must know about politics. Just another my people create fallacies.
Its the same reason year after year people go to see stuff like Disaster Movie.

[QUOTE=hax0rth0r;2129738]I think most people that listen to celebrities do so because they see them in a movie and think wow he/she did really good in that movie so he/she must know about politics. Just another my people create fallacies.
Its the same reason year after year people go to see stuff like Disaster Movie.[/QUOTE] I would agree with that!

I like actors who can act, but there is no way in hell I’m going to listen to their political advice, or personal advice, or just about any other “real world” advice. :disagree:

GUY’S
Well this is the problem.Even though SAMLAR thinks DAMONS
description of PALIN was correct, you could say the same about
SENATOR OBAMA. He isn’t qualified to be PRESIDENT either
that’s my opinion[but neither is MCAIN]. Anyway my point is
if an actor is going to be biased at least say so,and don’t
just point out one side of the candates.
ZAP:bigsmile::clap:

I was a little bummed out today after a few of my fave football teams lost (just barely)…Then I read this from samlar,

“I did listen to the whole speech Matt Damon said and everything he said was correct as for as I am concerned.”

Now I’m LMFAO…:bigsmile:
Thanks for the laughs…

Everything he said was correct did you listen to it?