Matshita UJ-850s new Firmware? HELP

vbimport

i at all, i am new for this forum!
i have an HP Pavilion notebook ( december 2006 buy it)
with the BAD dvd-ram MATSHITA !

the model is UJ-850S rumors say that is a very bad
optical device, its true?

Now, it not read a new Verbatin (silver) DVD-R , but the
same verbatin buy 5-6 month later is read and burn!
why the new no???

my model is 605230KME ( HA32233959 )

FIRMWARE : 1,05 date: 60-52-30

please there are a new FW update ? please send to me
the link ?

There is an solution to no read the “new” verbatin DVD-R ?
the other “tdk, imation,fuji…” read and burn ok !
help me… thanks!

[QUOTE=enry1;2078066]the model is UJ-850S rumors say that is a very bad optical device, its true?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Matsushita slim drives are not very good (but still better and more reliable than TSST or QSI slim drives, at least in my experience).

Now, it not read a new Verbatin (silver) DVD-R , but the
same verbatin buy 5-6 month later is read and burn!
why the new no???

What are the MID codes of the “old” and “new” Verbatims?

please there are a new FW update ? please send to me
the link ?

Unfortunately, there is no newer fw version than 1.05 (and most likely never will be… :a).

There is an solution to no read the “new” verbatin DVD-R ?
the other “tdk, imation,fuji…” read and burn ok !
help me… thanks!help

Did you try a media from another batch or Verbatim DVD+R media?

hi, you say:

“Matsushita slim drives are not very good (but still better and more reliable than TSST or QSI slim drives, at least in my experience).”

what model ? i am novice is possble to change by myself or?

[B]the old verbatin ok read on my! why ???[/B]
[B](mitsubishi mc-003)[/B]

[QUOTE=enry1;2078663]
what model ? i am novice is possble to change by myself or?[/QUOTE]
I had the same drive as you and friend of mine has 840s. They are mediocre at almost everything - they are noisy, quite picky about blank media, average quality writers… I do not have personal experience with other models though.
Yes, you can change a slim drive by yourself - it is not so complicated.

[

B]the old verbatin ok read on my! why ???[/B]
[B](mitsubishi mc-003)[/B]

Probably those “new” media were burned at not too good quality and your drive has a problems with their reading.
You should stick to 8x DVD+Verbatims (MCC 003) or 16x +R Verbatims.
They work fine in my Matshita drive, along with some other types of media, like Optodisc, Gigastorage or MCC O2RG20.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I’m looking for some insight into my drive. Mine is in a Toshiba laptop and the firmware version claims to be:
Vendor_info : 'MATSHITA’
Identification : 'DVD-RAM UJ-850S '
Revision : ‘1.90’

Is this a newer firmware, a rename for toshiba, or some funny naming scheme where new version are numbered lower? :slight_smile:

Any insight is welcome. Thank you.

@ willmore,

You need to contact Toshiba Support for specific Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S DVD Burner Firmware that is specifically designed to be compatible with your particular specific Toshiba Laptop computer.

Attempting to flash your Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S Burner Firmware with Firmware that is not specifically designed to be compatible with your particular specific Toshiba Laptop computer can be problematic and might result in your Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S DVD Burner becoming fully Non-Functional.

Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita drives have a well-documented history of being extremely “Media” picky. Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita drives require the use of high quality top of the line Media. The use of lesser grade Media will only prove to be problematic.

Suggest only using known proven high quality top of the line Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media which consistently produces quality error free results.

Regards,
bjkg