Matshita uj-840d

Hallo everyone!

I new here and i have 2 questions!
Firstly i have recently format my pc and i have some problems with my CD/DVD Rom! Its a MATSHITA UJ-840D, the problem is that it kann recognise original cds or dvds but it shows the burn cd as blank! Is it something that i can repair?

Secontly is it free to be register in this forum?

Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=skip28;2279368]Hallo everyone!

I new here and i have 2 questions!
Firstly i have recently format my pc and i have some problems with my CD/DVD Rom! Its a MATSHITA UJ-840D, the problem is that it kann recognise original cds or dvds but it shows the burn cd as blank! Is it something that i can repair?[/quote] Did you close the sessions of your burned cd’s correctly? Can you read the cd’s in other machines?

Secontly is it free to be register in this forum?
Yes

yes i can read the cd in other pcs! thats why i am wondering! :frowning:

Try to read them in another reader/writer on the same pc. If that also fails, it’s a software problem. If it doesn’t chances are that your Matshita broken.

To check if your matshita is broken, disassemble it from your current computer and assemble it in another compter. Now test cd’s in that other computer in the Matshita.

i dont understand why it will be brocken beacause the original cd or dvds are playing just perfekt!
The burn cds are showned as blank! :frowning:

Probably something in the new software setup changed/is missing so that your discs cannot be read. You could try installing or booting a different operating system (live ubuntu or something).

do you mean that i schall try to install the drivers again?

Cd and DVD rom drives do not have special drivers. They use standard default operating system drivers. But you can try. Hmm, thought of something… you could also delete the upper and lower filters.

okey thanks!

i have install it again and i thing it works properly now! :slight_smile: