Matshita UJ-810... problems burning cds

Hello,

I’m new to the forum, and am hoping somebody will be kind enough to give me a few pointers.
I bought a Sony Vaio (PCG-FRV37) about 8 months ago, and until recently everything was running fine. For the past few weeks the drive will not burn audio cds, and even more recently, it stopped burning data cds too. I am using the same brand of CDrs (TDK) that I’ve always used, and that worked fine up until now. I even tried Memorex ones, which also used to work, to no avail. I am pretty diligent about keeping the spyware, viruses, etc. off of the system.

I mostly burn audio cds, and use Windows Media Player (though the problem is still there when I try using RealOne Player to burn too). The program converts everything, seems to pause for a while, then goes straight to “closing disc”, and gives me the following message:

“Windows Media Player cannot copy files to the recordable disc.”

When I click the “more information button”, I get:

Error ID = 0xC00D11AB, Condition ID = 0x00000000
[I] Windows Media Player cannot copy the selected files to the CD-R or CD-RW disc. To fix the problem, do one or more of the following:

Clean the disc and ensure that it is not damaged.
Select a slower recording (write) speed.
Try a different brand of CD-R or CD-RW disc.
Quit other programs.
To select a slower recording speed
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Devices tab.
In Devices, double-click the name of the CD-R or CD-RW drive, and then click the Recording tab.
In the write-speed list, select a slower speed. [/I]

I have tried every suggestion without any results.

Also, when I troubleshoot the drive, it says that the device is working properly.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

I have a problem too with my UJ-810 on my Vaio FRV28 since I updated
the firmware frmo C102 to C104. It has been acting weird since, and now
it cannot read CD!! Does anyone have recommendation on the firmware?
Should I revert back to C102, does C105 exist?

Thx!

I have Sony Vaio PCG-FRV37.

After long months suffering I think I’ve fixed read/write problems with Matshita UJ-810.

1. I Download the firmware C104 for Sony Vaio PCG-FRV37
    Firmware C104 for Vaio PCG-FRV37
  2. I remove the driver and let the windows XP install it again
  3. I upgrade Windows Service Pack 2 (very important - This fixed last problems)

I hope this can help you!