Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S

vbimport

I have Toshiba Satellite with DVD-RAM Drive UJ-850S.I bought Sony DVD+R and I can neither read or burn these DVDs’. Please help!!!

[QUOTE=4kusnik;2051945]I have Toshiba Satellite with DVD-RAM Drive UJ-850S.I bought Sony DVD+R and I can neither read or burn these DVDs’. Please help!!![/QUOTE]

Do other brands (Verbatim, Maxell, Memorex…) work? Can your drive read pressed DVDs or CDs?

yes I can Burn Maxell.And where I can find Firmware update for DVD-RAM UJ-850S

[QUOTE=4kusnik;2051956]yes I can Burn Maxell.And where I can find Firmware update for DVD-RAM UJ-850S[/QUOTE]

AFAIK nowhere :a:a Matsushita’s slim drives have a very poor firmware support. :Z I have the same drive and the latest fw version is 1.50
You should return those Sony DVDs and get some Maxells or Verbatims, they worked for me. That’s the only advice I can give you, sorry :bigsmile:

EDIT: also Gigastorage and Optodisc DVDs are suitable media for your UJ-850S but they are quite hard to find

Before that I could burn Philips. Some days ago I bought Philips and cannot burn them or nread them.I have same problem with CD also not only DVD. When I put them to drive I saw that blank DVD’s file system is RAW(from device manager).When I burn that DVD in another computer I saw that file system RAW changed to UDF.After that I can either read and burn that DVD’s. (OS:Windows XP SP3).
When try to open blank DVD I saw this warning message:

My Computer

F:\ is not accessible.

Incorrect function.

OK

[QUOTE=4kusnik;2061898]Before that I could burn Philips. Some days ago I bought Philips and cannot burn them or nread them.I have same problem with CD also not only DVD. When I put them to drive I saw that blank DVD’s file system is RAW(from device manager).When I burn that DVD in another computer I saw that file system RAW changed to UDF.After that I can either read and burn that DVD’s. (OS:Windows XP SP3).

My Computer

Incorrect function.

OK
---------------------------[/QUOTE]

Can you burn DVDs in burning apps like Nero or IMGBurn?

[QUOTE=4kusnik;2061898]Before that I could burn Philips. Some days ago I bought Philips and cannot burn them or nread them.I have same problem with CD also not only DVD. When I put them to drive I saw that blank DVD’s file system is RAW(from device manager).When I burn that DVD in another computer I saw that file system RAW changed to UDF.After that I can either read and burn that DVD’s. (OS:Windows XP SP3).

My Computer

Incorrect function.

OK
---------------------------[/QUOTE]If the disc is blank, there is nothing that can be read in Windows.

open up imgburn, insert the disc and check what is REALLY on it or not…

I can burn with Nero. Thanks…

I can burn with Nero but sometimes when I put Blank DVD my PC is freezing.

Can anyone help? I have the same drive and can burn no more CD, DVD. I need the new firmware to try. Please help!!!
KH

[QUOTE=Coiphim;2069456]Can anyone help? I have the same drive and can burn no more CD, DVD. I need the new firmware to try. Please help!!!
KH[/QUOTE]
Hi Coiphim,
new firmware won’t help you. Your drive is probably broken. :sad:
Matsushita’s slim drives are very unreliable and it’s nothing unusual.

[B]my version is 1.05 [/B]where i try to update this to 1.50 ???

help me…

[QUOTE=enry1;2087596][B]my version is 1.05 [/B]where i try to update this to 1.50 ???

help me…[/QUOTE]

1,50 is NOT for your drive!

[QUOTE=chef;2087655]1,50 is NOT for your drive![/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on this?

@ willmore,

You need to contact the Toshiba Support for specific Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S DVD Burner Firmware that is specifically designed to be compatible with your particular specific Toshiba Laptop computer.

Attempting to flash your Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S Burner Firmware with Firmware that is not specifically designed to be compatible with your particular specific Toshiba Laptop computer can be problematic and might result in your Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S DVD Burner becoming fully Non-Functional.

Regards,
bjkg

You sound very authoritative. Can you say why that is so?

[quote=willmore;2140994] Can you say why that is so?[/quote]Company policy. Matsushita/Panasonic does not produce optical drives that are targeted to end users, so there is no end user support either. Their customers are the big computer manufacturers like Toshiba, Lenovo, HP etc.
The drives are individually customised for these companies, and these also have to provide the support including firmware updates.
Even if you would manage to flash a “Lenovo” firmware on a “Toshiba” drive, the drive might behave totally different due to the customization.

Michael