Matshita dvd-ram uj-850s booktype

I want to change my booktype to dvd-rom however imgeburn doesnt have this option for my matshita drive. how can i change the booktype? is there a program that can change the booktype for matshita drives?

Welcome to CDF’s

If that didn’t work i doubt you will be able to. You could try Nero CD-DVD Speed Good luck.

[QUOTE=thesmyster;1780446]I want to change my booktype to dvd-rom however imgeburn doesnt have this option for my matshita drive. how can i change the booktype? is there a program that can change the booktype for matshita drives?[/QUOTE]

I have the same drive and have burned a couple of DVD’s with it that will not play in my home DVD player, my first thought was the booktype setting, but when I checked the disk with disk info in nero burning rom I found that the drive had automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM, I have a drive on my desktop that does the same thing. This drive does not allow you to set the book type to DVD-ROM with a software program because the hardware does it on its own, check your disk with a program that can tell you the booktype (such as the info in nero burning rom) and you should find that the DVD Video is already set to DVD-ROM. Now I just have to figure out why it will play in my portable DVD player and not play in my other 2 DVD players. :frowning: If anyone has any ideals I’d love to hear them, and I don’t think it is the brand of disk because I have burned the same brand in other drives and they have played fine.

Welcome to both of you rjadams60 & thesmyster to the forum! Maybe your other players are not able to play this format? Check owners manual to see what they support.

AFAIK, mathista based burner never supported Booktyping and sadly never will.

[quote=chef;1959811]AFAIK, mathista based burner never supported Booktyping and sadly never will.[/quote] For single layer media I believe you are right. For DVD+R DL I think the booktype is set to DVD-ROM.

Bitsetting behaviour on Matshita drives cannot be modified AFAIK.