Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S

vbimport

Hi,

I would like to know where to download firmware updates for Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S.

Thanks.

Only ONE, and ONLY for sony OEM!
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2244

You would have to know what OEM your drive is.

Hi, I’ve got a Matshita UJ-841S in my A7D Asus Laptop and its got lousy media compatibility. I’d like to find a new firmware for it.
Can’t someone modify the sony oem version so everybody can use it?

Nope, this will not work that easily.

Isn’t there a tool available to remove the Firmware *.bin from the *.exe file and then use a DOS flash programm to update the drive?

I’m surprised extracted *.bin firmware files from Matshita drives aren’t openly available on the internet. Afterall the Matshita drives must be built in at least half a million laptops…

Do a little research first!

They are crypted mostly. So what would be the first step?!?

decrypt?

Then do it! LOL

Maybe you are the one who can succeed, many others couldn’t before.

Conclusion: Don’t waste your time with MatSHITa drives.

The postings in this thread are quite old now. UNtil today, has anyone managed to find a solution to this issue - I’m talking about making the asus a7d dvd drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S) region free. If so, could somebody email me about it? nikos_web@hotmail.co.uk
I’d be totally grateful if somebody could help me with this.

Many thanks,
Nikos.

Nope, that cannot be done…

[B]What is latest firmware for Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S ?[/B]
and where can i downloding this firmware
p.s. Asus A6000 series (A6R)

[QUOTE=Odyssey-ua;2416003][B]What is latest firmware for Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S ?[/B]
and where can i downloding this firmware
p.s. Asus A6000 series (A6R)[/QUOTE]

You need to conact ASUS then.

[QUOTE=chef;2416224]You need to conact ASUS then.[/QUOTE]On the Asus website there is nothing on this drive.
I know that there is a firmware: 1.11, 1.50, 1.60

@ Odyssey-ua,

If the Asus Website doesn’t have any Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S Firmware for your particular Asus A6000 series (A6R) LapTop/DeskTop Computer then none exist. Just because a particular Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S Firmware might exists doesn’t mean that this Firmware is the correct Firmware to be used your particular Asus A6000 series (A6R) LapTop/DeskTop Computer.

The version v1.60 Firmware you make reference to in your above #14 posting is Matshita UJ-841S Firmware designed to be used in a Toshiba Satellite M40-265 Computer. I doubt that you would want to attempt to install Firmware designed to be used in a Toshiba Satellite M40-265 Computer Firmware in your Asus A6000 series (A6R) Computer.

Regards,
bjkg