Matshita Dvd-ram Sw-9581

…is it a DVD/CD burner combo?

I know it burns CD’s, and that’s all I thought it did. But in Nero Express 6 below ‘MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9581 [CD-R/RW]’ is ‘MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9581 [DVD]’. Since that I’ve read people saying it’s a DVD/CD burner combo.

Nero InfoTool will tell you exactly what your Matsushita DVD drive is capable of. If, by any chance, you don’t have it, here you go: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

In support read features: Every box but DVD+R, DVD+RW and CD+G are ticked.

In supported write files: Every box but DVD+R, DVD+RW and Mount Rainer are ticked.

I’m not sure what it means since various + and - DVD R boxes are ticked. Can anyone tell me? o.o

Ok. It is a “usual” Matsushita DVD burner.It means:

1. You can read “-” media (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM).
  2. You can write “-” (see above).

It can not read and wirte “+” media (DVD+R, DVD+RW).

So, when you buy media, buy only DVD-R, DVD-RW (ReWritable) and of course only good brand (Fuji, TDK, etc.)

Cheers mate. =)

Edit: I don’t know if any of you have heard of Evangelion, well anyway it’s something called an anime series. The episodes I’ve download need a special codec to turn subs on and off…That would mean that if I burned I wouldn’t understand a word since there would be no subs. Is there anything I can do to get subs on the burned DVD

Edit 2: Which UK shops sell quality brand DVD-R/RW discs?

EDIT 3: Are DVD-RW discs lower quality due to you being able to write over them?