Matshita dvd ram SW-9571 Drivers

vbimport

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me? i have been looking everywhere for the drivers for my dvd ram drive and cannot find them anywhere on the net. i have even been on the panasonic website and cant find any details of where i can download the drivers for this drive.

please help?

Why do you need a driver? There is not one necessary for most operating systems.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2460948]Why do you need a driver? There is not one necessary for most operating systems.[/QUOTE]

running on windows 2000 and it wont automatically pickup the drivers?

[QUOTE=Bruce87;2460968]running on windows 2000 and it wont automatically pickup the drivers?[/QUOTE] deinstall/remove all controller drivers and restart the system.

does it work in the bios/setup? does it work on a ubuntu live cd?

[QUOTE=Bruce87;2460968]running on windows 2000 and it wont automatically pickup the drivers?[/QUOTE]Again: what drivers? The drive is installed as CD-ROM on W2k, and can read (prerecorded) CD and DVD discs. For anything else, you need 3rd party software.

Edit: If you need the DVD-RAM drivers that enable direct read/write access to DVD-RAM discs, then ask Iris at Toshiba.com. Panasonic had them on their website, but I was not able to find them.

Michael

http://panasonic.net/pcc/products/int_drive/support/info_udf.html

hi thanks for the suggested sites, i still cant seem to find the right drivers for it tho even tho im not sure what im actually looking for its the sw-9571. so i take it that thats the name of the driver i will be looking for?

i just get a message when i logon to my pc saying found new hardware - SCSIDE BRIDGE : NULL SCSI Processor device . then it asks me where the driver is so it can install?

i know the drive is working ok tho because i can eject and close the drive manually. any suggestions?

Cheers

Try going into device manger and highlite the the burner and update drivers and allow it to search the web, it might work that way, just a guess here

Hi, i have tried this and because it doesnt recognise the device it cannot find the correct drivers. it would be good if i had the original installation software to reinstall this disc drive.

Thnaks

Do you have all the correct mainboard drivers installed?

Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to any other components in Device Manager?

As mentioned several times, for the actual drive itself, Windows uses its own generic “one-fits-all” driver for you drive to at least read CD/DVD.

What’s the make and model of your machine? Might be worth going to the manufacturer website and looking for any necessary mainboard drivers for that model.

yes it comes under the unknown components and has a big yellow ? next to it.

[QUOTE=Bruce87;2461577]
i just get a message when i logon to my pc saying found new hardware - SCSIDE BRIDGE : NULL SCSI Processor device . then it asks me where the driver is so it can install?
[/QUOTE]You happen to have an Acard controller installed? At least this is, what my search engine suggests if I search the web for “SCSIDE BRIDGE”

Michael

:confused: i will check, im ready for giving up now:(

doh, im not sure what an Acard controller is, do i need a piece of software for the drive to be picked up again on my computer? thanks

Acard is a manufacturer of storage controllers and adapters. See their website www.acard.com
Now you need to find out if there is such a device installed in your computer.

You might also check Windows Update for drivers.

Michael

thanks, i have tried the windows update but no luck there, now im trying to find out if there is an Acard installed on my pc. how do i find out if there is one installed tho?

cheers

[QUOTE=Bruce87;2463213] now im trying to find out if there is an Acard installed on my pc. how do i find out if there is one installed tho?
[/QUOTE]Open your computer and have a look.

Michael