Matshita BD-RE UJ-225S Help!

vbimport

I’m kinda new to all of this and I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction for the right flash application/tools and the cross Firmware for this drive. I am a little lost, and don’t want to mess it up.

The reason being is, it doesnt burn or play any blu-ray dvd’s anymore. Trying to see if flashing it with a newer Firmware will revive it.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Unoath;2681825]I’m kinda new to all of this and I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction for the right flash application/tools and the cross Firmware for this drive. I am a little lost, and don’t want to mess it up.

The reason being is, it doesnt burn or play any blu-ray dvd’s anymore. Trying to see if flashing it with a newer Firmware will revive it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

This is a Panasonic drive, which is off topic for this forum. That said, there is pretty much ZERO after-market firmware support for their drives, period. If it worked before, and stopped working now, it is doubtful that a firmware flash will revive failing hardware … in fact it might brick it.

Exactly so!

And why the stupid myth “a firmware can revive the drive from being a doorstop” … :-K