Masters and Slaves

[qanda]This thread is about the LG DR385 Super Multi DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]First of all I couldn’t find my product number in the drop down list. It is a HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GSA-H55L SUPER MULTI DRIVE. With lightscribe. I have owned this since christmas morning and have probably spent a few hundred hours trying to get it to do what it’s supposed to do. I download movies and burn them for my library.:cool: This drive is fast at burning(up to 24x). But the audio is always out of sync. Sometimes a millisecond, others 4-5 seconds. Like watching an old Judo movie. I have adjusted the burn time from highest to lowest with the same results. One thing I just found out the LG is supposed to be set as the master. There is also a Sony CD writer in my system. I found out completely by accident that the sony is set Master and the LG is the slave. So finally here is my question. How do I change them from master to slave? And do you think this may solve my problem.I can install hardware and other basic stuff. Any replies will bcompletely appreciated.

Check the back of the drives for the little jumpers. There are ususally markings indicating master/slave/cable select. Set the jumper on the LG to master and the Sony to slave. Make sure the LG is on the end of the cable and the Sony is in the middle if they are on the same cable. This won’t fix your audio sync problem though. Do you play the movies before you burn them? You either have bad source files or the conversion program is throwing the sync off.

No I don’t play them first. But the few I have downloaded just to watch have run excellently.

[QUOTE=PFT111;2233068]No I don’t play them first. But the few I have downloaded just to watch have run excellently.[/QUOTE]

What format are the source files, avi. mov, flv, etc? What program are you using to convert and burn?

But the audio is always out of sync. Sometimes [B]a millisecond[/B],

You can sense a [I]millisecond[/I] offset?