Mass Duplication of DVDs - Help

vbimport

Hey guys

I've little knowledge when it comes to DVD Duplication, so it would be nice if u experts help me with something.

Im looking for a DVD Duplication System that would give an output of anywhere from 750 - 1000 disks an hour, price is not a problem but the quantity is. Any other solution that might get me close to my goal would also be nice.

Please help me with this , thanks :slight_smile:

We aren’t duplicators here at clubcdfreaks, but your welcome here anyway :slight_smile:

Your best bet is to buy a duplicator system off ebay, the prices are good and the systems are ready to go.

A manufacturers of CD/DVD duplicators, manual and automatic are:

http://www.veritysystems.com They have offices in UK and USA and resellers around the world

[QUOTE=memnom;2126658]I’ve little knowledge when it comes to DVD Duplication, so it would be nice if u experts help me with something.

Im looking for a DVD Duplication System that would give an output of anywhere from 750 - 1000 disks an hour, price is not a problem but the quantity is. Any other solution that might get me close to my goal would also be nice.

Please help me with this , thanks :)[/QUOTE]

750-1000 discs an hour?

Let’s assume the fastest reliable speed of 20x. Let’s assume you’re burning a full single sided DVD-R. That’s about 6 minutes burn time per drive for a full DVD. So in burn time alone, a drive could do 10 DVDs an hour. At a minimum, you need a system with 75 to 100 drives to cover the burn time. If you also factor in load time per drive, you’re probably looking at a more realistic 120-150 drives.

The next obvious question is: is this a continuous need (e.g. 7 hours a day, four days a week) or is it event-based (once a week, once a month).

If it is event-based, my recommendation would be to obtain ten 12-15 drive manual dvd duplicators and a lot of help (perhaps three to six people) filling and emptying them and other logistics related to the discs. I’d also contract with someone to get pre-screen printed DVDs so you don’t have to worry about printing.

If this is a continuous need, I don’t know what to say other than you probably need to something on the order of twenty 6-drive robots or fifteen 8-drive robots. And fast ones. More if you want to be able to cover failed equipment.

-brendan