Mashita DVD-RAM UJ-840s

Hi Everyone, can someone help?

Just bought a new laptop and its equipped with the above DVD drive.

Does anyone know if there is a multi region hack for this ??

any help gratefully received.

Neil

No, there isn’t one yet.

You can use VideoLanClient.

Chef, not quite sure what VideoLanClient is or where i would find it???

You said “there isn’t one yet.” does that mean ther may be one soon ?, it doesn’t seem to be a make i have seen mentioned before much.
Do people actualy do region hacks for Mashita ??

Thanks for any help.

Neil

[google]VideoLan[/google]

Matshita drives are difficult to patch. There is currently nobody working to patch Matshita drives, and I don’t expect that to change anytime soon (there aren’t many active patchers out there).

Yes, it’s a SAD lost case with these drives…

Just try your luck with DVD43 and VideoLanClient.

I have a UF-832S and I tried DVD43. At first, I thought it was working but in the end I realized that it didn’t. I am also looking for a hack for my drive so if you come across a solution, please post a reply for me. I have also tried using video lan client but it didn’t seem to do the trick.

Ok so its a lost cause.

How easy is it to yank this drive out and slot in a nice Liteon ? and where would the best place be to get one ?

Again thanks for any input.

Neil

Hi Did u ever find a solution for your Matshita UJ-840S to make it region free? Thanks

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I’m not sure if this will work, but you can try this one. I have a UJ-840S but I’m using it in an external enclosure so im not sure if flashing through USB will work.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2181

I saw a guy in a forum (forgot where) who uses a UJ-840s with v1.5 firmware. I wonder where he got it…

Huh? Somebody called?

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S drive in my Acer TravelMate 4604WLMi laptop, and it was shipped with 1.50 firmware, so I didn’t “get” it anywhere, and I haven’t seen this firmware available for download anywhere.

I have a firmware version: 1.52 on this drive. Came with the Toshiba laptop that i am using… :rolleyes: But i am having problems with it… end up with coasters quite often… :confused: Gonna try to flash the new Sony OEM firmware 1.4 and see how it goes…

will post again. :a

You better DON’T!

haah. well just returning back for others to know - my firmware now is 1.52 again - re flashed the drive from update from toshiba support site - the coaster problem seems to have disappeared but its still no region free - was wanting to watch godfather (ntsc reg-1) and stumbled across my old post while googling around…