Marmite? do you love it or?

vbimport

my mate marmite :bow:

ARGGGGGG GET IT AWAY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

erm no i hate it!

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

my mate marmite :bow:

i love the stuff and have it on toast most mornings for breakfast, with my favorite being marmite cheese on toast.
how do you like yours.

Q: What is Marmite?
A: Marmite is dark brown-colored savory spread made from the yeast that is a by-product of the brewing industry. It has a very strong, slightly salty flavor. It is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it type of food.
It comes in small (2-5 inches high) bulb-shaped glass jars with a distinctive yellow lid.
Children in Britain are generally fed it from the time they are weaned, and most never grow out of it. It has a high B-vitamin content, as well as riboflavin and niacin—and as such is very healthy. (The vitamin-B complex helps prevent anemia.)

Picture of Marmite: http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/images/marmite.jpg
More on this exotique: http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/marmite.htm

i used to love it :bigsmile:
but i havn’t tried it for a while :eek:

Hey now it got all messy with you posting two marmite-threads after eachother, and making rev2 better than rev1 that people have already posted in, forcing me to merge them into a small soup!
Only Liggy can master such predicaments! :bow: :slight_smile:

try melted cheese on toast with marmite spreaded sparingly at first then lasing of the stuff when you relise how much you missed it. :bigsmile:

yep, sorry about that its the first time i`ve made a poll thread and i got it a bit wrong. :slight_smile:

I love it! :iagree: :iagree:

Marmite Website

Absolutely love the stuff.

never had it but then oh well they probably don’t sell this stuff here if its good for you
US is like a slaughter house: live to make money so you can pay taxes, eat shit, smoke, drink, and have all the preservatives in the food possible so you can die before you hit 60 if you do the government doesn’t owe you shit hehehehehehe
its pretty slik though if you ask me. Now don’t get me wrong there is good food here too but you will pay 3 times as much for it.

It’s made in Burton near where I work. The yeast being a by-product from the breweries in Burton.

Slightly salty?? very if like me you don’t put salt on your food.
It isn’t that popular in Britain really, when I was a manager of a medium (12,000 sq ft) sized supermarket we sold maybe 1-2 cases of 24 jars a week.

I think the stuff is vile!!!

vegemite as sold in Aus, is similar.

I forgot to mention that the factory absolutely STINKS.

vegemite as sold in Aus, is similar.
Ive Tried Marmite, Promite and Vegemite, they all have the same ingredients and taste exactly alike, so I guess I love both. (maybe its coz I love beer too) Interesting fact: Mosquitos hate vege/marmite so it makes one of the best repellants around. I voted I hate it, as with everything created and produced here (vegemite) its been sold out, far off our shores. As Marmite was created and produced 20 years earlier in pom land, I hate it too. :wink: hehehehehehe…

Vegemite is da shit!!

Hmm it sounds like something I don’t want to eat.

But then again… I said the same about seaweed :slight_smile:

Vegemite is way better :D… In fact… I’m off to have some now :bigsmile:

Never had it, maybe when I visit England?

I like pindakaas! :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

It’s worth visiting England just to have some Marmite, well, maybe you could do something else on your trip. Like get rained on, or…have some tea and crumpets (me want now).

i’ve never tasted it, i don’t think i want to :slight_smile:

love it love it love it! specailly on toast:P