Markus 800 Media center

vbimport

Hello!
When i update firmware on my Markus 800 Mediacenter it power of. Now i cant start it, what should i do to solve this problem.

Christer
                                                      :doh:

[QUOTE=crille;2574421]Hello!
When i update firmware on my Markus 800 Mediacenter it power of. Now i cant start it, what should i do to solve this problem.

Christer
                                                      :doh:[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure it was the correct firmware and did you read over the FAQ from their site? Also did you contact them when the problem occurred?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2574433]Did you make sure it was the correct firmware and did you read over the FAQ from their site? Also did you contact them when the problem occurred?[/QUOTE]

Hello!

It was the correct firmware but the power went of while i was uppdated the firmware.

Christer

Ouch… usually this means game over and you now have a bricked (= it’s as useful as a brick because of firmware flashing errors) machine.

This seems a 2 year old standalone media player.

After it was released to the public it seems that the Hantech company has dissapeared.

I have found some firmware files right here but i have no idea if they work or not.

Check the manual first. Is there some sort of reset button? Some sort of “restore original firmware” option?

Hallo!
The problem is that i cant startup Markus 800 mediaplayer. I think Bios must be programed becuse the power gon off uring the time when i programed it.

Christer

If there is no way to power up the device, there is also almost no way to upload a firmware to it.

[QUOTE=crille;2574536]Hello!
It was the correct firmware but the power went of while i was uppdated the firmware.

Christer[/QUOTE]

Well that kinda reply won’t get you much help in the Help department. Since you posted nothing revelent as to what firmware version was there before or after does little if any to give meaningful help to the rest of us. As anything bad updating and not checking with manufacture especially if you never done firmware would’ve been the smart way to go before even doing a update. And if it worked before without updating and had no problem then the problem lies in whom did the updating didn’t follow directions on how to update correctly. They always said you update Bios without power outage if so that render your computer or anything that has Bios unless and only fix is to send back to the manufacture and play to repair that unit. So basically you bricked your unit and since the company as Mr. Belvedere says the company no longer exists that unit is basically junk at this point cause there is no one that will fix or look at that device anymore.